Looking For specific strain : Northern Cali Humboldt

Greetings All,
First time poster as I came across this site as I am searching for a specific strain.
Problem is, I have no clue of the lineage and the extra added bonus is that it was back in the late 80’s when I did have it. Needless to say I have been on a downward trajectory with finding any info on it.
What I CAN say is this.
Back in the 80’s in Santa Cruz California the only thing we got in town was from Humboldt county California. To us, it was the norm. It was super dank and literally smelled like a skunk.
I was fortunate to meet my buddies dad who was a grower up there and he told me what (in a twisted language) he referred to, was called “Pure Skunk #1
Now, I truly do not know what that meant/means. But I will say that after all these years that I truly have never found such a unique flavor and smell (I had that flashback smack me in the face with that smell about 10 years ago at a Rush concert. I almost jumped over the top of the crowd to find it)
Needless to say I have often wondered if that strain is even possible to get (or even still available or even lost) and I know it is a tall order to guess to but maybe someone out there might remember it and may even know where to find.
Any help greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

I think a while back there was a post about skunk#1… I just don’t remember the name of it maybe @kapouic @piper

1 Like

Welcome to GN. This a long shot but maybe haze is something you are looking for. Haze originates from the late 70/80s around Santa Cruz. Its a very distinctive smell and taste. Read up on the haze brothers, who made haze using the Sam the skunkmans genetics. Good news is it is very popular and you will find it. Finding that special one hit wonder from decades ago would be a wonderful challenge. Well now you have two strains to look into, skunk #1 and Haze.

• Funny enough I am smoking Cali Orange tonight, something I tried many years ago to and enjoying it still.
1 Like

I believe seedsman has their original skunk #1

1 Like

Yes they do and you can buy them in bulk, 100 or more seeds.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, this was Northern California Humboldt county origins. I used to live in Santa Cruz but that was about all it had in relations to

i have a question as well. im looking for a farm in northern california that sell diamatceaous .and bone meal. i need a ton of each at a good price

Ok, so a little history lesson :slight_smile: “Skunk” does indeed reefer to the strain Skunk #1.

It is actually the original sativa strain. It was the first recorded cannabis to be cultivated in the United States, after the prohibition of “marijuana” , which cultivation was done at the University of Washington state.

It is also the genetic origin of any other sativa (the eve of sativas, if you will) Every strain of Sativa that exists today, is a genetic decedent of Skunk #1. It has a very distinct “skunky” smell and gives a very energetic, uppity type effect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Piper for that lesson. Appreciate that info. With that said, I imagine I probably won’t be finding that particular strain again. I mean, the uniqueness of the flavor and smell profiles were without a doubt ,STILL to this day rank on my originality chart in the top 3.