M.Sc. student (Agronomy and Agrifood Sciences) looking for an INTERNSHIP position

Hi, I am a 26 year old M.Sc. student of Agronomy and Agrifood Sciences from Luxembourg, with a B.Sc. degree in Agricultural Science, specializing in Plant Science and Selection and evolution of Mediterranean and tropical plants, with relevant hands-on farm and company experience, looking for an INTERNSHIP position in the Cannabis sector (Cultivation and Breeding). Responsible and target-orientated in teamwork and self-study, with strong language and communication skills. Significant prior work experience at family farm, mainly in tasks such as field cultivation, crop management and cattle breeding. During my studies, I had the possibility to work on different topics related to Cannabis.

Montpellier SupAgro, FRANCE:
International Master in “Agronomy and Agrifood Sciences”
• Specialization: “Selection and evolution of Mediterranean and tropical plants“
• Student Project (PEM): Cultivation and genetic improvement of Cannabis in Europe and
Africa: A comparison (written in French)
• Student Project: Analysis of the phenotypical and morphological effects on 4 different rice varieties under P limitation

Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, GERMANY:
Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science
• Thesis: An overview of cannabis cultivation in Europe (written in German)
• Specialization: Plant Science

Research Interests:
• Cannabis production systems (indoor, outdoor), breeding and genetic improvement techniques (selection for particular cannabinoids, terpenes, phenols, secondary metabolites, genes responsible for fibre production)
• (Traditional) breeding methods, genetic improvement techniques in general
• Inter- and intra-specific plant communication
• Sustainable and economically worthwhile agriculture
• Polyploidization for the genetic improvement of Cannabis

Languages:
• Luxembourgish: native language
• English: proficient
• German: proficient
• French: proficient
• Spanish: intermediate (A2-B1)
• Portuguese: beginner

Please feel free to contact me
CV on demand
linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maurice-schumacher-796563198

1 Like

Hi there

I suggest you send a c.v to

natalia.lopez@holigen.com

It is a commerical medical cannabis facility in Portugal where we are actively recruiting for new staff. You could begin as an agricultural technician.

thanks

3 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply,

I will definitely check it out.

Have a great day

Your field of interest is a good choice. Now the demand for it is high (as it always has been) and you won’t lose anything by trying an internship. I don’t know about you, but I applied for an internship at city-internships.com and got accepted. I went to London (my field is financing) and for eight weeks I learned all kind of new things. That internship was very useful. You say you live in Luxembourg and have a degree in Mediterranean and tropical plants. You could try Italy or Spain. I think those places are the best to start with. Good luck with your learning.