MAC by MAZ 🍋

I’ve read that lemon trees thrive at 70 and go dormant when the soil stays below 55 degrees. So based on the weather and the season I might not try this until the spring. The lows here are in the 50’s but it’s cooling off more each week it seems.

Still gonna let the seedling experiment play out as well :lemon:

2 Likes

Yup, if you take a 16 oz soda bottle, cut the bottom off. Now you can slip the cap end down on the wood. You want the cap opening about 4" below where you took the bark off.Fill the bottle full of coco coir, peat or sphagum moss and seal the top off…I use a frito lays bean dip plastic top…just slice it half across and cut a hole to match your branch diameter in the middle. The whole trick is keeping air OUT so your graft doesn’t dry out and heal. you want it moist but not sopping wet…you can put a few small drill holes down on the neck near the cap end for drainage. LOL before you know it you’ll be air layering everything!! Works really well on any woody ornamentals…have fun!!

4 Likes

:lemon: :lemon: :lemon:

The Alien cookies are looking good. One week from flip now

5 Likes

These girls got that week 3 / Guy Fieri thing goin on right now

5 Likes

Ive been feeding with organic blackstrap molasses for the last 10 days or so and they seem to love it. I recommend you look into this if you haven’t yet :+1:t4:

Feed the soil!!

2 Likes

Gonna make this the cover of my biography

:robot:

6 Likes

Would you please tell me how you use blackstrap molasses? I mean, like ratio, how to apply, etc.? Thank you for any info!!

Love your book cover!

3 Likes

1-2 tablespoons mixed into a gallon of water
@1sttimegrower

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I tried to find an easy how to during my flowering stage in September but didn’t find one and I was too scared to play with ratios. LOL. I’m gonna do this next time! Thank you!

3 Likes

Ok today is day 21 since flip. They’re sleeping now but this evening I’ll take some pics after I defoliate a little.

7 Likes

I figured out a way to get my other light into the tent for flowering so spider farmer and viparspectra both being used now.

8 Likes

Nice i have aquired a vmac-2 clone.

4 Likes

I used to work at Earl May Seed & Nursery for years. I will say this, depending on where you live it can be a real struggle to grow any tropical plants like citrus outside their natural environment.

5 Likes

End of week 4. Starting to get some purple hues :alien:

6 Likes

And a lemon update :smiley: :lemon:

9 Likes

Hemp plants cleaning the soil thru phytoremediation. This plant kicks ass.

8 Likes

My last ones lived indoors for around 20 years, I started some new ones over the summer and they are nearly 2 feet already and smell fantastic.

4 Likes

Nice! What are you feeding them? Just curious bc I’ve used some of my extra cannabis nutrients before, lemon trees like water in the same PH range.

Did you start from seed? I did with these and they’re not even 6 inches tall yet.
@Dog_Fart1

5 Likes

I have been giving them my Rez change nutes (Jacks) @ 50% water and Tribus/Recharge/Trinity when i think about it - plain tap water in between.
Yes seed right out the lemon, I just dropped a few of them em into some potting mix and split into big pots when they got to be 3-4 inches.

5 Likes

They need a lot more water than you might imagine in order to make fantastic fruit. Also more than half of the day in direct sunlight for optimal growth.

I miss my trees… Opted for flat green grass instead, huge mistake

5 Likes