Magnesium deficiency or nutrient burn?

I use tap water and let it sit for 24 hours to avoid chloride. pH is 7 and I lower it to 5.5 each time. I did not check runoff pH because I was sure if I went with 5.5 it’s would go up to 6.5 in the soil. For some reason it turned out to be much higher.

2 Likes

Are you using leds? Your plants look hungry and under fed. I would boost up those ppm. 700 is low to me. I feed at 1500ppm and during flower. But if you boost up the feed do it gradually. Add 1ml of mag per liter also. Should recover fast.

3 Likes

This is what I use.

I think the reason for underfeeding is nutrient blockout. I am trying to fix this now. Thanks

4 Likes

I am confused between burning the plant and underfeeding it…

4 Likes

Looks like a ph problem, I’d reset the ph with a nice flush (at next watering opportunity) til runoff ph is in at a decent level, also good time to check PPM of the runoff and see where that is at.

3 Likes

I flushed the plant. pH of the runoff is 6.5 now. PPM was 1000, then 700, currently is 500. At this point I stopped flushing. Will see how the plant feels and feed it later. Now I am just worried about severe magnesium deficiency. I did spray the plant with epsom salt but it did not look like it helped. Thanks for your help

3 Likes

Thanks also

2 Likes

With runoff ppm so low, will want to give it a good feeding at next watering opportunity.

3 Likes

I will. What’s the pH that you would suggest for feeding solution? I did 5.5 all the time but still ran into this blockout.

2 Likes

When growing in soil I always set the ph of the water/nutes to 6.5 and always water to a decent amount of runoff, which keeps the nutes/salts from building up too much.

4 Likes

It’s tough… My friends that do dirt with leds have a hard time giving their plants all the feed they need because you can’t water you plants alot without drowning them. Leds work your leafs alot more and if your not doing a heavier feed or a normal feed but more waterings, alot of the times that happens… Thats what I see alot of. :v:t3:

4 Likes

I will do so, appreciate

3 Likes

I didn’t know that. Appreciate you, will try to do the best I can!

3 Likes

You been a busy beaver Hazey Haze… lol congrats on getting the pH down. Take it easy… slow n easy wins the prize…get some more pics up, we all love looking at dank & it helps to observe stuff you might of missed or not know. Couple ppl in here use your Mars hydro light. I don’t think I seen you mention it but have you been growing long, did you get the set up from a friend… regardless I see green things in your future. :sunglasses::facepunch:

5 Likes

This is the girls today

The bigger plant looks better, it has been growing for more than 3 months in veg, and today day 19 into flowering. So about 4 months. The smaller plant is much younger, about 1 month in veg and went into flowering with the bigger plant. I just want one huge bud from it. I set everything up myself. It’s my first grow and I made a ton of mistakes on the way. But learned a bunch or nuances also.

The smaller plant does not look good. I also had to replant it into another pot yesterday. I knew it was a lot of stress, especially into flowering and while having this blockout, but I had to. The soil was just garbage - did not pass any flow and I couldn’t flush. Now the soil for the small plant is better so is the pot.

By the way, the white dust on the leaves that you can see on these pics is epsom salt. I don’t know if the girls absorbed any as a foliar.

3 Likes

I wanna say thank you to everyone involved. Your help and experience are immense!

4 Likes

Ya she’s definitely lightening up and some burns on the tips. Good soil is key no doubt. I’ve heard of epsom salt foilar feed before never done it personally - I always thought it was not easy for a plant to absorb mag thru the leafs… look I’m learning from you…how’s about that! :+1: It’s a never ending circle these plants. Well post away and good luck…

3 Likes

I am still not sure if epsom salt was effective. I now have to clean the leaves.

Thanks man, appreciate you! I am continuing to revive my plants 🪴

4 Likes

Go get em :tiger2:!!! Keep on truckn’ while toppin’ and trimn’… Woot woot! :sunglasses:

3 Likes