Magnesium deficiency?

My plant is getting some yellowing and a couple of brown spots. Soil is FF Ocean Forest. Nutes are General Organics GO Box. First week of flower. Strain is Strawberry Banana x ON Haze. I looked at the deficiencies chart and it looks closest to magnesium deficiency. Does that sound right? If so, is the solution to add CalMag? Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how does she look so far? Other than the yellow.

2 Likes

Do a str8 r/o water flush with cal mag only ph it around 0.6-7 & check your run off right after if it’s above 5.6 ph feed nutes next feed if ph on run off is under 5.5 keep flushing as explained above .

3 Likes

Will do. Thank you, @hashone. Greatly appreciated.

1 Like

How long have you had it under the current light?

Are the roots typically drenched?

What PPM are you feeding at now?

Cal/Mag flush is a good place to start.

1 Like

I flipped to flower one week ago.

I don’t believe so. I only water every 2-3 days. I’m using a fabric pot on a pot elevator to keep it out of the water.

My last feeding was about 900 PPM.

I will perform the CaMg flush as soon as possible. Thank you, @Quest.

1 Like

When I ask about current light, I am asking about the specific fixture. If you move plant from clone/Veg with a T5, LED or CMH and you put them under a light with higher wattage or different spectrum the leaves can get lighter. It takes time for them to “burn in”. Can also occur if light is too close. Just trying to think of all possibilities.

2 Likes

I apologize. It has been under a LED the whole time. It is currently around 12 or 13” from the top of the plant. Perhaps I should raise the light?

1 Like

What wattage id the light?

I’d start it at around 24", but would check around for recommended distance based on watts.

3 Likes

This plant is in the TomatoTent. I’m uncertain of the wattage for the lights. The whole system (fan, light, controller) is about 115 watts at the wall. It’s a custom light for the 16”x16” tent. I will move the light up and see if that helps. The TomatoTent website recommends 12” - 20”. Thank you again, @Quest, for taking the time to help.

2 Likes

Thank y’all for all the help. She is doing a lot better.

There is still some yellow. Trying to figure out watering during flowering. She is a thirsty girl.

2 Likes