Magnifier for mobile phone

I recently purchased this clip-on magnefier to use with my Samsung Galaxy S20+ , but I cannot get it to work properly; I can’t get the up close views and photos I see so many others post here. I cannot spend a lot on one, it just needs to be basic for my uses. This one was about $7 on Am*zon.
Thanks for your suggestions for another magnefier! I already have a small handheld lupe , but I wanted one of these to use for photos.

5 Likes

yeah. this looks like complete junk.

I just use a rubber band to hold my loupe over my phones len’s. works great and images are better than any of those cheap phone microscopes.

6 Likes

U want something similar like this. Shoot for atleast 1000x or more if u can. The more the better the close ups get. U can spend a little more like 50 and get ones with led screens attached to see what u take pics of but u need to load them to a PC to share here where as the kind I posted hooks to the phone and gets shit done lots faster but not as quality of pics being not as stable as ones with stands and screens.

Bysameyee USB Digital Microscope 40X to 1000X, 8 LED Magnification Endoscope Camera with Carrying Case & Metal Stand, Compatible for Android Windows 7 8 10 11 Linux Mac

6 Likes

I use the type that @Mark0427 uses. I also bought this to use to keep the scope steady when using my phone.

3 Likes

Lol I used to use the hand held kind use one with screen now

5 Likes

That’s a great idea. I’m gonna try it just for fun. I have taken shots through a magnifying glass with some fair to excellent results. I have this lens: https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2XV32CE9KYV09&keywords=phone+lens&qid=1691026367&sprefix=phone+lens%2Caps%2C770&sr=8-1 Has a macro and a super wide angle lens. I haven’t used it much cause my hands shake too much and I never got around to ordering a tripod.

1 Like

The $24 ones on amazon work great. Here is the exact one i use.

Works great! Sorry scrren shit pics.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! I bought the one @PreyBird1 has. It seems very good quality. The apps they suggest to use (USB Camera, Otg View, AN98, xploview) are really bad and the “Snap” button on the camera does not work with any of those apps. Which app(s) do you guys use (for Android)?

4 Likes

I never had to use an app. Once you plug it in it works on my android phone. I can roll the zoom lens in and out and button on the camera works also. But i find it easier to use the phone screen camera button while holding the camera in the other hand. Because when i go to push the camera button i get a blurry pic because it jiggles the camera as you push the button. So i dont use it so much. I will double check if it needs an app?

5 Likes

I will try it again without an app.

4 Likes

When I plug the cord into my phone, the camera’s light comes on. But when I open my camera app, the view is from the phone’s lens, not the magnifier.

4 Likes

Hang on ill go mess with it now.

2 Likes

Well i forgot i already had the app. Its the one in the pic i put an arrow there. Just go to the google play store and search AN98 and it should be the top one. Plug camera in and then turn on the app. It save the pics into the app also it has its own memory allocation files?? So when you save the pics into the app you need to then send them to your devices storage. Play with the app a little.

4 Likes

Thanks you! I will do that now and give it a go.

2 Likes

I searched for AN98, is this the correct one?

1 Like