Make soil?

Who make good soil? Need to learn that to :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi @magi

There are some beautiful soil recipes on here, that you can use to make your very own super soil at home. However finding all the ingredients can be hard if you dont have horticultural shops close-by. You can order online through growershouse.com, these are soils premade and ready to go.

https://growershouse.com/fox-farm-ocean-forest-organic-potting-mix-soil

A simple soil recipe is made up of the following:

1/3 - potting soil
1/3 - perlite
1/3 - compost

With this basic soil recipe above you will need alot more extra nutrients for the entire growth cycle of the plant.

3 Likes

Thanks agian mate :heart::muscle::snowman_with_snow::rose:

1 Like

I tink i order from that site ready for use :stuck_out_tongue: have you try that soil ?

2 Likes

Growershouse.com is my no.1 supplier. They have not let me down in many years. FF ( Foxfarm ) soil I have used in the past, but I do make my own soil now. I buy the amendments like rock dust, rock phosphate myself.

4 Likes

foxfarm to me is the easiest and cheapest. i cheat a little and dont fill the pots completely. when the nutes start running out i just add another layer of ocean forest and the water takes care of the rest

4 Likes

Something I learnt about soil the other day at a talk about soil is that, especially out here with the hot sun, you need to mulch atleast 3 inches as, besides all the other benefits, the suns rays kill atleast 1 inch of microbial activity of the soil. So with that being said, I was thinking of saying should be four parts:

1/4 compost
1/4 soil
1/4 perlite
1/4 mulch.

What I like about mulch is I usually use manure and I think that is a great way to leach the important nitrogen into the soil and protect the top layer, etc.

5 Likes