Making edibles

So I have some wet trim froze and was wondering if they would make good edibles or do you need a ton to make good edibles I have about 4 sandwich size ziplock… idk the weight yet

4 Likes

Use your trim to make cannabutter or infused coconut oil and make your edibles with that.

4 Likes

Yeah I was looking for a ratio of trim to butter or oil

2 Likes

Usually I use 1.5 ounce to 2 ounces of trim per cup of fatty substance. Butter or coconut oil. The THC binds better with the coconut oil though so you get more per ounce…
But I like them strong…
If you check @deusoboy420 thread, I posted a couple of links to figure out the strength of your edibles.

2 Likes

Here’s one recipe I tried, but without the hemp oil. :
Mike DeLao adds nutty hempseed oil to his coconut oil extractions because it’s easily digestible, is full of essential amino acids and essential fatty acids, and has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Mike often eats a teaspoon of this oil straight or blends it into smoothies. Because hemp oil has a low smoke point, it could burn if left to simmer for hours. Mike stirs in the hemp oil after he’s infused two cups of coconut oil with an ounce of fresh cannabis flowers and an ounce of cannabis sugar leaf trim in the crockpot for eight hours. (You could use two ounces of flowers for more potent oil or two ounces of trim for less potency.) Mike makes this infusion in a crockpot on low setting. Every crockpot is different, so watch the infusion carefully. You can use a candy thermometer to make sure it doesn’t get hotter than 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Makes about 3 ½ cups
THC per cup: 81 milligrams
1 ounce cannabis flowers, finely ground
1 ounce cannabis sugar leaf trim, finely ground
2 cups coconut oil
12 ounces organic cold-pressed hemp oil
crockpot
fine mesh strainer
cheesecloth
airtight jar

Place coconut oil and cannabis in crockpot. As coconut oil warms and melts, stir cannabis into oil with a wooden spoon. Set crockpot on low.
Simmer for 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Place cheesecloth inside strainer and pour coconut oil through while still warm to catch cannabis solids. Squeeze every last bit of oil out of cheesecloth and compost cannabis solids.
While coconut oil is still warm, pour in hemp oil and stir well with wooden spoon to combine.
Pour into labeled airtight jar and store in refrigerator for up to six months.

Also, don’t forget to decarb. your cannabis.
This recipe comes from : The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook.
I highly recommend that book. Plenty of good recipes.

4 Likes

My dad just made his first batch of edibles and put his bud inside a turkey bag and then on a baking sheet before decarbing. He said it worked awesome and made almost no smell at all, which some people might appreciate.

3 Likes

Thanks man injustice downloaded that book and the high times cook book

Yeah I have heard that about the turkey bags… I have also been told to use a baking dish with a top

1 Like

I run 1oz killer bud to 1lb butter for mine… as for trim sorry…I burn it…lol…

2 Likes

Lol I know only the finest buds for you lol @Ladithief. Maybe once i get to point that i want to be with more of a Perpetual grow I will be in that boat lol…

1 Like

It’s why I love outdoor… I can get lot’s of buds…lol… I have yet to flower anything indoors in the 15 months I have been growing with a tent…lol… lot’s of clones and plants for others to flower…lol…

2 Likes

Yeah I have to wait till it becomes legal land here before i can grow outside

2 Likes

I did it before it was legal…lol… 6’ fence and 2 big dogs…lol… and an understanding wife and good neighbours made it easy…lol…

3 Likes

Yeah I bet I have the dog and wife idk about the neighbors and the fence will be done next spring

Yerah open yard isn’t cool unless you have a large distance from your neighbours or a very good camouflage technique…lol…

Yeah when I do grow outside I plan on keeping it short

…lol… I believe that if you want to hide something don’t… people look for hidden things… I have had people walk in my yard and take 15-20min to realize what some of the plants in it are… no one expects to see them so they don’t… but next time they never miss them…lol…

A few big plants in 30 gallon bags mixed in a yard with a few Goldspur Amur Cherry would be great camouflage.

5 Likes

Yep… like that…lol…

1 Like

those are all cherry trees??

1 Like