Marbsbuds first grow journal 2021

Alright everyone as you’ve seen above I planted my seeds right in to Jiffy. I’ve had them in dark on a heat mat at the right temps and some have spouted.

I have a t5 light to put above them but most are still not showing any sprout :seedling:. The plants that have sprouted have no leaves just still white. Should I put my light above them?

2 Likes

Def put the light on for the ones that have sprouted, won’t hurt the others either but you can move them to a different tray in the dark until they sprout (if you want).

1 Like

Thanks @jaxsonl5. Yeah I was thinking that I timed the sprouting for the delivery of the propagation box but there has been a problem with the propagation thing I bought getting delivered so I’m going to have to buy a new one tomorrow and leave them in the dark until then

2 Likes

So here’s my baby plants 🪴 after a hell of a lot of Fuck ups to be honest. T5 Lights never came in time so they sprouted roots in tissue I used for germination. I had to plant them in jizzy pellets and they grew long and skinny.

I finally got a light and put them in the propagation dome where a good few died right away. I moved the propagation dome one day and everything fell inside snapping more of the plants.

My 1000 LED light never came for a while so stuck under a T5 for ages. Finally got my big LED which boosted them amazingly but they got phosphorus deficiency so had to wait for Cal Mag to arrive.

They have grown quite well since then and becoming more green everyday. Some look terrible after cutting the damaged leaves off because they where over 50% damaged by lack of phosphorus.

So way behind schedule my plan is to wait for these to have enough to take a good few cuttings off each plant and start again with them as my new plants, to make up for those lost to not getting the right treatment from the beginning, and those snapped as mentioned above and get rid of these. Take a while longer but I’ll make sure this will be a case of good things come to those who wait.

So here they are

3 Likes

Alright everyone can anyone tell me the effects of using the water from the tap in Malaga Spain please?

I need a reverse osmosis machine but don’t have one yet and have transferred to 10 litre pots today so I don’t think using bottled water like I have been using in 1/1.5/2 litre bottles is going to be a good idea. (I’ve also been told amusing bottled water has its own problems as well)

@chrisj can you tag any one you’d recommend to answer this please. Thanks

3 Likes

I assisted a chemist publish her book, Cannabis Extracts made Easy, who was based in , Barcelona, Spain. She grew some wonderful plants use plain old tap water, her garden was unreal. A quick google says tap water is safe to drink but can contain contaminants. If its safe to drink its safe for your plants.

cannabis extracts made easy

4 Likes

Thanks fella I’ll probably get the book to.

1 Like

I started mine in peat pots with a plastic lid. Put the seeds directly in the peat pots and put the whole thing in a closet. Seeds sprouted in 5 days, then directly into flower pots on my screen porch… planning to put them in 5 gallon pots this week. I’m getting all my information from this site and various other sources online.

2 Likes

Little update on my grow since I messed up big time with a few plants that were way to small for the amount of time they’ve been growing then I decided to try save the genetics :dna: and cloned them. I’ll pick the best growing clones and hope for the best.

Gorilla ZSkittles :gorilla:

4 Likes

Some pics of the lemon haze :lemon: :fog: and tropical banana :desert_island: :banana: 🪴

3 Likes

Looking delicious, nice colours and thick bush.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris

1 Like

3 Likes

Alright folks I need some assistance again please.

So I had a Pineapple Chunk plant that wasn’t growing properly so I took a load of cuttings two weeks ago and most haven’t rooted properly. So I’ve thrown them away the ones that are left have lost their green colour I thought nutrient deficiency so made a very mild solution of Canna A B, Cal Mag, Root boost and watered them they seem to have gone even more yellow now.

I need to know what to do as I have a load more cuttings that are nearly a week old now, under right lights, humidity and temps are good. So what is this and how do I stop it happening to my other clones?

I know they are not that good but they were off a weak plant I’ll probably not use most of them I was just trying to salvage the genetics :dna: but I may as well use them to get some knowledge out of them and practice saving them.

2 Likes

I’ve taken them out the propagation dome now as well and got some wind on them loads have rooted some haven’t

2 Likes

Just read that it may be to much light I’ve lowered my 1000s down to 400 they are still above my big plants but I’m not flowering them I’m going to be cloning them to so don’t been much more growth.

2 Likes

Transplant them to larger container into some fox farm ocean forest and just water them with ph’d water for 2 weeks no nutes no nothing but ph’d water and make sure your ph pen is calibrated. What I would do anyway.
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

2 Likes

Would you do that from the beginning? Like say one of cloning? I’ve made a very very mild solution of nutrients and poured the feed in to the bottom of a prop dome for now.

I’ve also experienced some of the clones stem going soggy so maybe stem rot.

I threw them away and to be fair they were from either really short clones with a little fat stem or longer runnty stems

2 Likes

When we take our clones out and rooted nicely that’s where they go yes. Although we mix Foxfarm ocean forest with fox farm strawberry fields but have use just fox far ocean forest alone many many times and for a long time. Enough correct nutes to get you bye for 3 weeks. Some argued that fact but that’s what we do and never have issues in veg issues here usually begin in flower usually 2nd week if any issues arise. Everyone does things differently but that’s what we do all I can tell you :facepunch:t2:
Oh, later in veg we use teas and with nutes we never use what is called for only 1/4-1/2
Different mixture in flower but any who hope it works out my brother :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks I’d poured a some water in the bottom of the prop so I’ve cleaned a new one and put them in there the jiffy is wet through but prop is other wise dry.

I’m using biobizz coco mix as substrate can you use fox farm nutes in that?

Also can you clarify something did you just say you don’t use the recommended amount of nutrients so canna A says 40 mil per 10 litre water, which is obviously 4mil per litre, what would you say to use 2/3mil per litre? Do you mean just for the clones or for the whole grow?

1 Like