Mars Hydro - Is it Worth It?

Hi, we are new here and beginners. My wife and I are looking for some advice. We are considering purchasing this Mars Hydro kit from eBay ( Mars Hydro LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Complete Tent Kits+ Fan + Carbon Filters | eBay ). Does anyone have experience with this setup? Is it worth the price? Is there something better in the same price range?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Frank

3 Likes

welcome. into the rabbit hole you go! :rofl: i have zero exp with mars hydro but look up all the individual prices and see if you can get it cheaper or better. thats a lot of money if you have to spend it twice for better stuff

2 Likes

pick some names when you type in the @ sign to ask for help. @Slym3r @kapouic like that

3 Likes

The price is okay… not amazing, but okay.
It’s a nice little setup. Good if you intend to grow only one or two plants with lots of training, or a bunch of small plant in a SOG style…

My 2 cents only… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I feel like the tent is to small. Personally I’d attempt to get as tall as a tent as you can at least. Being a newer grower myself height has always been an issue.

I can’t comment on the price, but I do own a Mars hydro ts3000 and it’s a good light.

2 Likes

What size tent would you recommend to grow 4 plants? Actually, I should probably first ask how many plants should a newbie start out trying to grow for the first time?

4 Likes

The thing is with a bigger tent, you’ll need 2 lights…

My tent is 33" x 60" x 80". I have 2 Mars Hydro Ts1000.
Usually, I grow 3 plants at a time. And, with a lot of training, I get about a pound of dry buds per harvest. :nerd_face:

I could grow 4 plants in my tent, but I like to train and stretch them a little bit… :smiling_imp:
And I need more room for my style…

4 Likes

Just to give you an idea…

5 Likes

Check out ac infinity tents cheaper then mars hydro tents better quality in my opinion

I personally picked spider farmer over Mars hydro from what i read better tech just a little less watts but I use it for veg only

3 Likes

Thanks for the lead. I checked out the ac infinity tents and am impressed. Do you know of any place that sells these tents as a kit?

4 Likes

@Tygrow78 he does nice in his growing adventures he uses Mars hydro. :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

I would suggest the AC Infinity tents @fmarabate. They are my go to tent these days. Vivosun got really cheap with their zippers over the past year. As far as the Marshydro lights. Their well worth it, and very economically priced. Thats all I run is Marshydro lights. The SP and FC series are their latest up to date models. I pull about 2-2.5 grams per watt with their lights.

3 Likes

I use Mars Hydro.
This lamp from you is old generacy.
Bay lamp from Mars, but with new leds(Samsung)
I have 2x sp3000, tent 1.2m×1.2m, and is too mach light. I use max 75% pawer.
Only remember, bay with Samsung led. They are 3 times better.

1 Like