Maryland state homegrow - summer '23

With legalization of adult use and homegrow last week in maryland, id like to introduce myself to the growers network community while creating a thread for my fellow marylanders to share where we are in relation to all the trailblazers and pioneers that embraced this liberty before us. :saluting_face:

12 Likes

Congratulations Welcome to the forum! Cant wait until maybe one day were legal here.

10 Likes

Cheers to you. One day I’ll do it for myself.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum @generaljaypuffy and @gjack!

6 Likes

I should have bought a tent, starting in your spare bedroom is an appealing thought but the cost of properly preparing the space to withstand humidity while maintaining a sterile environment racks up faster than all get out.

8 Likes

Started to witness symptoms of overwatering, fungus gnats manifested themselves. Overall healthy appearance of plants started to decline, began planning to move them outside

4 Likes

I switched feed from jacks 20-20-20 to canna p/k way too early. The thought was reduce nitrogen, ultimately learned that p/k is intended for flower stage and shouldnt be used for more than a week. I probably fed this pk for 2 weeks in veg… no bueno. Being super reactive rather than proactive i thought ooh let me mix 5 ml of cal mag into 24oz distilled and foliar feed. Wrong answer once again, the white residue left from this did more damage to leaves than any good.

5 Likes

Flushing with distilled water and 7.5 hours direct sunlight brought them back to this level of greenery

10 Likes

Welcome to the group these plants are so resilient very tough to kill

6 Likes

Brought them back into a “contained environment” damned leafhoppers are buggin me out, keeps em out the rain, but its not a sufficient growspace (w/o ventilation) wasted about 200 bucks on the fans, frames, and lights. Seeing 7 hrs of direct sunlight on a good day outside, lets see if 18 hours of LED will veg them up any overnight :joy_cat:

7 Likes

As soon as it legalizes here ill make a YouTube channel. :wink:

6 Likes

To keep moving a plant in and out and in And out is just gonna bring on pests and problems from environment changes too rapidly. If u can get Ăźome 1 inch foam board from home Depot and make a makeshift wall for a corner of that room where u can make a smaller room in the room to grow. Build an l shaped foam walls and slap it to the previous room walls and tape it to the walls to keep it there for temp. Cut out a door in the foam that can be opened and close use duct tape down the seam where the door hinge would be use tape as a handle and keep the door snug enough that it stays closed then u can use fans to exhaust out a window and bring fresh air into the smaller prebuilt room.

7 Likes

Heck yeah tube that fa sho bro, the day is comin’!

4 Likes

I was looking at the ap foil faced boards, considered silver taping the shiny side outwards but cost of the dimensions i wanted plus ventilation went over what i could afford at the time.

3 Likes

Hell anything light in weight and light proof will work to slap u a d.maller area. I’ve seen guys hang shower curtains and black blankets together to create a room for darkness and it works not bear for pics as it don’t look the best but it’ll get u thru.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Posting these in a retrospect of 3-4 weeks, alot of the yellowing was from diluting my nutrients too much while adhering to the once a week schedule. Distilled water may have also played a role, it was around this time i stopped buying gallons and started refilling emptys with tap to sit for two days before mixing. Captain jacks deadbug juice helped put the hoppers at bay

3 Likes

5 Likes

thanks for a look at your work :slight_smile: your plants look good

and nice doggy

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

4 Likes

5 Likes