Medical Cannabis?

So i have anxiety, depression, PTSD and other trauma etc. But enough about that. Due to this I have been prescribed medical cannabis card, and got my first script (only got half).

The one smoked this afternoon was Cannatrak Lemonos. Yeah wow. That was considered the Daytime smoke :joy:

Anyway are there strains anyone would suggesy for the above disorders? I am totally down on the healing this plant gives.

Love to hear from everyone.

Cheers
Grizz

8 Likes

Hey! It seems like low THC strains with the right balance of CBD and other cannabinoids may be more beneficial for your conditions. It may be best to stay away from high THC strains, as they can potentially cause paranoia and irritability over time.

However, I cannot make any specific strain recommendations, as it is a subjective matter and everyoneā€™s body chemistry reacts differently to each strain.

I hope that marijuana will become legalized in my area soon.

Take care,

Malloy

8 Likes

Hi @grizzlyhigh

Maybe speak with your local budtender or dispensary and find something/one local that can help, especially with consistent supply. There is a lot of research online that suggests alot of good with treating many mental conditions with cannabis. See this article from leafly.com with some strain suggestions to.

While medical research continues to develop a cure, some patients are finding relief from PTSD symptoms through the use of cannabis. According to scientists, people with PTSD often have an endocannabinoid deficiency and consuming cannabis can help with its symptoms. This is believed to lessen symptoms and improve mental balance to the patient. Popular examples of strains that may help with PTSD include [Skunk Plus ]
(Skunk+ Weed Strain Information | Leafly), White Lotus , and Snow Leopard . Use this list to explore the best marijuana strains that may help relieve symptoms associated with PTSD.

Most importantly do research yourself so you are informed in what you looking for and the advice you get from others.

4 Likes

Try using cannabis with low to zero THC. CBD gummies and tinctures will be great for your disorders.

5 Likes

For me personally I find high THC strains to help me the most, for some reason indica and hybrid strains seem to help with me depression and anxiety more as well. Iā€™ve been on disability for anxiety/depression for 12+ years. Seen alot of crazy shit but I donā€™t think I have PTSD. Edit: edibles and distillate carts donā€™t seem to help as much for me

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. All i can say is after last nights Cannatrak Lemnos (i spelt it wrong originally), i feel so much more at peace today. Something incredibly rare in my life.

I used to smoke it as a teenager and it was jusy about getting high. Whereas every time I go through it now I feel some sort of healing. I am appreciating new music way outside my regular genres.

This is an amazing community.

@treetrunks sorry to hear you have struggled so long. I am big supporter of mental health awareness for men. Its still way too taboo, which needs to change.

5 Likes

Thank you, I donā€™t usually talk about it much. It can be hard for some people to understand disabilities they canā€™t physically see. Cannabis and growing have been massively beneficial for my mental health.

The disability program I am on gives reviews every 3 years to check that everyone still qualifies. The example they give for not having to do reviews is a terminally ill cancer patient. That being said my condition is severe enough that I no longer need to do the review either. Its kind of their way or saying yes we think your fd for life and thereā€™s no chance that youā€™ll recover.

Growing is the one thing I can do ā€œnormallyā€ and put in a decent amount of work. It gives me something to look forward to long and short term. The next harvest, trying new strains and the possibility of making a better future then where Iā€™m at now. Iā€™m planning on expanding to do medical for a few patients in a few years. Right now Iā€™m just learning as much as I can and getting as much practice as I can. Iā€™m also slowly trying to collect some better mothers. Basically growing is giving me a shot at a more ā€œnormalā€ life.

Edit: I find alot of strains and products ect that works well for one person may not work as well for another with the same condition. High THC Indica for example may work well for me but maybe you find better results with a medium thc sativa ect

5 Likes

Keep charging on. Youā€™ve found what you can do to keep going. So that is a massive win right there.

I have my first grow going, help subsidise the medical costā€™s of it. Learning so much along the way.

6 Likes

The savings from growing vs buying was what got me started, I had no idea how far it was going to go at the time. GN community has been an absolutely massive help along the way.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not a doctor, but I can give you some suggestions based on anecdotal evidence and research. Itā€™s important to remember that everyoneā€™s experience with cannabis can be different, so itā€™s essential to experiment with different strains and dosages to find what works best for you. I this case I would suggest you try a CBD-dominant strain because they may help you cope to some extent.

6 Likes

Try everything and grow your own if you are able.

If you find a dispensary that you like and can afford then by all means dive in. You will get some good deals, some pretty good weed, and it will be convenient.

The growing aspect alone has been some of the best medicine for me. There is a rhythm to it and it helped me when I really needed it. Oh! You know that old saying, ā€œTeach a man to fishā€? Well itā€™s true but in the case of Cannabis it is a hell-of-a-lot more fun.

Good Luck @grizzlyhigh

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your struggles, but Iā€™m glad to hear that medical cannabis is helping. Different strains can definitely have different effects on different people, so itā€™s worth trying out different ones to see what works best for you. Some strains that are known to help with anxiety and depression include Blue Dream, Harlequin, and Granddaddy Purple. For PTSD, some strains that have been reported to be helpful include OG Kush, Sour Diesel, and Bubba Kush.
If youā€™re interested in exploring CBD as a potential treatment, you might want to check out this article on the best CBD for relief: https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief/. Good luck and stay well!

3 Likes

I got the other half of my script which is all CBD and no THC really. And the flower although not the most pleasing aroma, fit its purpose and tasted nice. Has been helping greatly these last few weeks. Only one day I couldnā€™t cope. So thats pretty good.

4 Likes