Medical strain for pain relief and anxiety

hi was thinking to start a grow ,but i wanted to know wich strainn would be more aplicable for pain relief anxiety and panic disorders what you all think what strain would be best for this?
thanx

5 Likes

Hi @coffeeboy

There are many different strains for pain relief and anxiety. The great news is you can choose between many that could work for you. I think you can also look into what is legal for you and if or if not you want any high’s from potential of using THC.

Harlequin is a good strain to start with for both pain and anxiety as it is recommended for both. Its also a cultivar that is high in CBD so could be legal in your state/ or country!

Also consider looking into the following strains:
Granddaddy Purple
White Widow
Amnesia Haze
Chocolate Chunk

11 Likes

Also, Sativa is more of a head stone while Indica is a body stone. Sativa is for daytime because it keeps you up, active and energized. Indica is your evening smoke because it will give you couch lock or put you straight to bed.

6 Likes

For the very first time this year I tried a high CBD Afghani budder, with high enough THC, and I be damned, it’s killing pain. My thinking is just trying a gram could be a feasible experiment that might work, I’m sold on getting some CBD in my plants.

6 Likes

white widow without a doubt

4 Likes

Hi coffeeboy and happy New Year, I’m a little late with my CBD suggestion, anyway, the following strains are the crops ma and I keep in our garden is; Charlottes Angle, a great morning smoke being high sativa, Cannatonic is good for the afternoon smoke which is equal sativa and indica and than in the evening we go with CBD Critical Cure , a high indica to sleep on. Also for a high CBD and high THC you may want to look at Super Critical Bud.
Good luck

2 Likes

Hey guys. Happy new year. Thanks for the information. I have had been struggling with pain and anxiety for a while now and it has not been very easy that is for sure. I have been working through it with my therapist and with meditation but I always kind of felt weird on anti-anxiety medication. I have talked with some of my peers from therapy group and some of them suggested I try kratom. I was kind of worried about it but I was not feeling great on anti-depressants so I decided to try. I have been doing some research about where to buy kratom and I would love some advice from people who have tried it before. I have been reading up on it but there are a lot of different types that has apparently different effects depending on the type and dosage so I have been feeling kind of overwhelmed. If you have tried kratom before and if you know anything and have any tips please do share. I would really appreciate it

4 Likes

welcome @lysagrey

1 Like

I personally like Harlequin for anxiety. Ive found that sativas are actually better for me then indicas despite the popular opinion that Indica is better for anxiety

3 Likes

Happy New Year @lysagrey. Welcome to GN.

1 Like

Honestly, I started to smoke weed a couple of years ago in order to get pain relief, as I was having some terrible back pains. The same thing for my dad, we both started to smoke cannabis back in 2016 as we actually both had some terrible back pains. The strains I liked the most, was the Granddaddy Purple, this one was probably the most efficient for pain relief. However, recently due to the pandemic I got really anxious, and I just do not understand why, but cannabis just doesn’t help me anymore. I tried the kratom buy capsules, and you know, they actually helped me. And moreover, they do not cause any addiction.

2 Likes

welcome i am slow sorry. i am smoking GDP right now. i loved growing it. it seemed like it took me a minute to appreciate it

1 Like

Indo. I am a cancer patient the Indo ca. Strians
Does the job for me, check it
Peace