MedMen Goes Public In Canada, Stock Immediately Drops 25% in 48 Hours

There are some very important lessons to be learned here.

4 Likes

wow, I’m not sure I expected that. I was at a conference recently with MedMan and they seemed fairly excited about their listing and how it would revolutionize things - especially for brands looking to be known as “luxury” cannabis.

2 Likes

You can have all the luxury in the world, when the senior executives are pigs the market responds appropriately.

1 Like

Harsh words. Care to elaborate?

Did you read the linked article? Dp you understand what the CEO and the COO did in terms of immediate compensation as compared to what the market expects of CEOs of newly public companies…he should be removed or the company should be delisted…completely unacceptable and borderline securities fraud in the US.

2 Likes

I don’t imagine executives earning that kind of wage even when independently successful.
6 digits…sounds good for an owner. 7 digits…ya sure if you’re that good and already successful. 8 digits though? Seems unreasonably high no matter the success rate. Might be time to hire
some people at that point to push brooms.

1 Like

The more important point is that they are taking $$ out of an equity raise from investors, NOT out out earnings.

2 Likes

I completely agree.

1 Like