Methods of Closing Your Pre-Rolled Joints

I forgot my partner showed me this a couple of weeks ago.

So I’m going to throw this into the conversation.

Jealous? I know I am.

3 Likes

Yes…that is a beautiful presentation. That’s the direction I believe will start to take off. How much is anybody’s guess. It will appeal to more as recreational takes affect.

2 Likes

I like leaving just a little bit of room on the tip and folding over a few times to give a closed-top appearance, they also burn more evenly this way.

Here’s a story from my college days: Back in the day when I lived in Chicago, I was a cigarette smoker. Packs of cigarettes were so expensive I was often relegated to rolling my own. I bought a machine that would pack cigarette blanks with tobacco. Needless to say by the second time of filling these blank cigarette filters, I figured out I could pack them with herb and be a fairly discrete undercover toker (the smell was a dead giveaway, but if you found and immersed yourself in a group of fellow smokers and assumed a good incredulous look you could usually get away with it). They became my go-to on the road and around the city. I even rolled up half a pack of my ciga-weed sticks and hit Grant Park the night Barack Obama was elected. I’m sure there’s lots of footage out there me walking around that night with an incredulous look on my face.

I knew the day would come that we would see commercially-produced cannabis cigarettes. Frankly, as a former cigarette smoker (11 years now smoke-free :smiley:), I’m good on that packaging, homie. I just don’t want to have any semblance of being a smoker anymore. I’m not admonishing anyone else for using them and they could be a great aid to help people quit cigarettes by providing a placebo of sorts…I’ll stick to rolling my own or even smoking cones.

Just got make sure you dip that tip. Lol

2 Likes

As a consumer, I’ve always twisted the tip of any joints, but it takes a careful light to keep it from running down one side. I’ve always been partial to the open-ended look, although that’s kind of asking for it to fall out the tip as ground weed doesn’t have the same staying power that shredded tobacco does.

2 Likes

I too feel the same about the cigarette look. It can look pretty and it brings upon the relevancy of a convenient smoke, but it just feels too much like the tobacco industry and gives an uneasy feeling.

Check out the pics - you can see how much better the fold looks than the couple that were twisted.

3 Likes

I MUCH prefer your look to the cigarette look, @Jessica_STMcanna!

2 Likes

Thanks @Growernick! Very much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes