Microscopic Creepy crawlies on my weed...please help!

Hi guys,
Went in to check the tricombes and saw these tiny bugs crawling on my weed.
I have tea tree oil, could mix it with water and spray to kill them off?

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t use tea tree. You have any other pics? I can see them but it’s kinda stretched…

1 Like

If you’re at the point of checking through a scope I would use any kind of soap or oil. I would Get some Captain Jack’s dead bug and mix it at a rate of 3 ounces per gallon for the first application and then in three days hit them again at normal strength which is 2 ounces per gallon. You can just divide it up and make a quart to spray your plants with each time. More pictures would be good. A couple of different magnifications. Just a little bit further away than you are there.

5 Likes

Is that two kinds of bugs I’m seeing I see the big grey/black ones but looks like a other clearish one standin on top the black bug in the center/bottom of the pic?

2 Likes

Hi @Slym3r @happilyretired @1andonlyredneck,

Thanks for the response!
Yes that is another type of bug on top of the black one.

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks more like a baby bug to me. I would suggest doing something very soon.

5 Likes

can i use washing detergent?

1 Like

Well terrible time to be dealing with pests, go down to Walmart, get the 1 gallon sprayer for 8 bucks and a bottle of dawn mix 5 tablespoons to 1 gallon and mist everything down, do not let it dry, keep it continuously wet for about 20 min, then empty and rinse out the sprayer and refill with water and rinse the living hell out of everything to get the soap off but the soap should dry the insects out till they suffocate and die, be sure to put something over your soil so the soap isn’t getting in it like a tarp or a towel. Once that’s done take some Diamataceous earth and coat the top layer of your soil between waterings. There’s some insecticidal sprays/soaps u can try just make sure they are omri listed and do some research on the specific products and how safe they are to use on buds and make sure your rinsing whatever u use off to protect quality of the buds. When harvesting I’d def be washing your buds too with a lemon juice and baking soda mixture which I can walk u through too if need be :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot buddy! live in Belgium so no Walmart but I can use a substitute…will do that and will probably hit you up for the lemon juice treatment.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck with it and hope u get rid of those lil buggers, one bug u can shop for that is beneficial for a cannabis garden is lady bugs, they eat the negative pests and keep ur garden free of em

3 Likes

Would botanigard work? Just wondering for future reference. I’m starting to learn any oil or soap should never be used once you start getting buds. Which I am at that point getting way past preflower. I’ve been using horticultural oil most of the year. But now have botanigard and have Azera. Just wondering so I can understand and learn more. Looks like we have a nasty pest problem here. Interested to see how it gets taken care of and what the results are. Heard very good things about Captain Jack’s.

3 Likes

@970cannetics
I don’t know anything about the those products. Usually I try not to do any treating until pre-flour. Other than putting DE around the base of the plant and up the stock about 6 inches. If I use anything in veg it would probably be as azmax because I have it. Once I go into flower I don’t do anything until I start seeing a lot of bugs in my yard getting on our other flowers. Then I fog my whole yard with Captain Jack’s about every other week for the first four weeks of flower then I alternate Captain Jack’s dead bug and Monterey BT about every 10 or 12 days and put DE around the plants every three or four weeks. If a bad infestation sneaks up on me I just mixed a very strong solution of Captain Jack’s and wipe it out quickly.
This works very good for me where I’m at. But remember I don’t have any rain to wash my plants off. This really helps when using these Products because it never gets washed off.

5 Likes

Sounds like I need to get me some Captain Jack’s. Botanigard is a fungucide that attacks bugs. Azera the other products I got is the exact same active ingredient as azmax. Insect growth regulator. Plus it has pyrethrins! That’s the only difference. Botanigard is a very good for attacking root aphids! Thanks for the help and knowledge!

4 Likes

Looks like you have a pretty good aphid invasion…you are not looking at two bugs but only one…Aphid.
You are looking at two life stages…the ones that appear big and black are adult aphid…the little ones are nymphs…Aphids are rather wierd in that early in the season they lay eggs and at this time of the season they lay LIVE YOUNG…you may also see the presence of WINGED adults this time of year…early season you will be hard pressed to find any winged adults…FWIW

8 Likes

Safers insecticidal soap will knock em out in possibly one try. Made for organic and kills on contact. Basically suffocating them so there is no building up immunity for that. Had broad mites this was recommended to me by a commercial grower. Says it dont even show up in testing. Thorough bud wash at the end should be good it washes right off. 2 applications a d broad mites are no more. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

@TheMadFlascher thanks for the info…very useful! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought they were aphids… Lady bugs, mantis, and small garden spiders help too

3 Likes

Yikes! I hope I never see anything like this on my plants indoors. Scary what crawls around our plants that we can’t even see with naked eyes.

2 Likes