Mixing Roots organics liquid nutrients

Was thinking of using Roots organics liquid nutrients and they recommended mixing and aerating the mixture for 24 hours. Please advise not sure what I need and how to get it done. thanks in advance Any videos would be awesome

1 Like

5 gal. buckets, air stones, tubing and a air pump. Appropriate amount of each to fill your watering needs I’m assuming you are growing in coco or peat? And don’t forget as they grow it will take more and more water from start till end of veg. My 5 gal fabric pots use 1 gal per day at the end of veg. They are in 2nd week of flower and are using 1 gal every two days each pot. When you cut down the lights the plants starts using less water and also the growing daytime goes down from 18 to 12 hours.

4 Likes

Okay so water 4 gallons water in in 5 gallon bucket. Air in bucket overnight with nutrients in the water or add nutrients just before feeding and when to check Ph I’ve heard that the aeration raises ph?

1 Like

Make up as much water as your plants will need. When you first start you won’t need hardly any water, adjust as the plants get bigger. As far as when you add the nutes to the water follow the instructions on your nutes. And since you already said they recommend aerating the mix that means with nutes IN the water. Also when you first start you should start your seeds in a very nutrient mild medium. I use worm castings to start my seeds with zero added nutes. They will go a week or so before I start adding nutes in small 4" cups. How much water you aerate will depend on how many plants you have, how big the containers are and then there is the strain that you grow, they are all a little different. That is something you will learn as you grow. One thing that most first timers do is overwater. Use a very porous medium coco coir with 25% pearlite or something similar. When you do water, water enough so that about 10% of the total water runs out the bottom of the cup, then don’t water again until they just start to wilt or just before. Again that will depend on your grow medium, the size of the cup you start with, the temperature, and humidity of your room, airflow, and the strain of the plant and how fast it is growing. Let the plant tell you when it is thirsty. Put humidity domes over the cups when you first start to keep moisture in until your seeds pop up out of the soil, then take off a day or so later. Use a soil mix that is easy for the seedling to push up through. Moist not wet.

HTH

2 Likes