Moving out of the Shadows

So I am prepping up for a indoor run in about 3-4 weeks or so. Previously I was part of a few Hydro grows 15-20 yrs ago, so I am basically starting over brand new. As this will be the first run that I am 100% in charge of. The others I had buddies and everyone sourced different materials. Been reading ALOT over the past year, joined a couple of forums, chats, etc. It’s really tuff being on the outside looking in, when you where on the inside you never looked out very much. <<Did that make any since at all, lol>> .

So yeah it’s been alot of fun to read, interact with other ppl with similar interests. And for the most part ppl have been really helpful unlike some other forums were you are basically on your own unless you had an “in”. It amazes me that newbie’s (kind-of like me) ask the same question but most peps are really cool and are glad to help out. That’s the way it should be, we are in this fight together, well most of us are anyways so I always appreciate suggestions/help from older or more experienced growers. So thx in advance for any and all suggestions or advice thrown this way! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Glad to have you. Most 9f the “growers” here are.pretty helpful. We.have a great core group here. Of you ever need anything ask me or any of members I’m sure they will help

4 Likes

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GN is a great place to find like minded people, Welcome. Remember no question is a stupid question.

7 Likes

Welcome here! I love it here. I hadnt grown in 21yrs. I planted 5 seeds. 3 made it to flower. Then i found growershouse.com shopping for tents. Now im full. Blown and growing delicious weed of my own. My friend of 25 years has been in Amsterdam for a month and i have been out of commercial for almost 2 months. And have started just producing my own. Actually i have my own business plan going on where im a supplier of clones of hard to find boutique strains. And rarity strains and a separate line devoted only to herlooms strains. Next few years are going to be exciting!

4 Likes

Everyone here has been exceptionally welcoming and inviting. 2 times a saw threads had gone bad. A couple peole were trouble makers and upset. One guy posted his pics into another new guys grow journal and i tried to cool it off a little and i met @scotty17 a great hard workin family man. And the other guy is a know it all from the commercial side! Over all i give a 10 for this site. Wait a 9 i wish there was a filter option to see all threads i have created?

3 Likes

8/10. Because you.cant respond to my threads?

3 Likes

Yes. And the commercial side. But sometimes i should keep my mouth shut!

2 Likes

But in all seriousness. This place is 10/10. Great group. Pretty much drama free. We are all here to help. Together we grow. LITTERLY

4 Likes

Yes the eye in the sky and all

3 Likes

Most threads i can respond to. only commercial side i cannot. If you post in grow from home then we can all respond. It sucks a little but some of the commercial stuff is over my head a little and o have no business just rolling in and saying whats going on here and im a newb. But i enjoy reading it. very intelligent people and an amazing industry and just wow in general it blows my fucking mind. Then you get the home growers arguing with the commercial growers so it’s kind of a good idea to keep them separated

3 Likes

I love being here its amazing. And i love everyone here as family now it f’n weird. Digital family lol. But yes this site is top notch and i dont go anywhere else.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s by design. I try to keep my posts in the right category. Maybe if I add the right tags it might help. I will message the admins for some navigation tips. I like everyone to participate. I tend to forget about the structure of the commercial/ home side of this site.

4 Likes

High @zenithdis and Welcome to the network!

I myself was in the same boat, I took a 15 year break and so much has changed since the 70’s, anywho, this is a great place, enjoy and don’t be afraid to ask any question here, great people.

3 Likes

Thanks glad I found this place, not sure how just kind-of stumbled on it really. When I first started researching about a year ago I was amazed at all the sites for seeds and such. Then I started reading about Autos and Fems and was like what in the hell are they talking about, lol. We only used clones and seeds were not that easy to come by. I suppose there were some sites online then, just never occurred to even look really, this was in the early 2000’s.

4 Likes

Back in the 90’s and early 2000’s we had cannabis world, overgrow, cbay, and a few others, auto’s back then were frowned upon really, very low quality in bud size and thc strength. Both cannabis world and overgrow were both shut down, won’t get into details about it, but overgrow is now open again.

1 Like

There is one I think. Just click on your avatar - then click the “summary” menu item. You should see some menus, one is called “activity”. In there you’ll find a menu called “Topics”. You get all the threads you created! I would post some pics but I’m not at my computer atm.

1 Like

Ahhh that works thankyou. I didnt know you could switch the filters.

1 Like

@zenithdis Welcome to the party!

2 Likes