Multi Strain Hydro LED Grow

Im into hydroponics big time and im about to take the plunge. Here is my aeroponic turbo cloner. It has been working very well. And i just loaded it up again an hour ago.
These were started september 20th
Here in this pic you can see them.

So it has been 14 days.

8 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

What are you usinf for amino acids?

2 Likes

I’m using the Raw stuff from NPK Industries. They sell individual nutrients and supplements in really accessible quantities. I emailed the distributor for my area and ordered a sample pack that has all of their products. Now I just order specifically what I need.

5 Likes

Nice thanks. I have a roots organics master pack it has some in it. Im trying to get better with nutrients and more complex systems and plans for nutrient usage. I really like the dakine420 sampler pack. Mixed with roots organics root surge and superthrive. When and how should the amino acids be used?

2 Likes

I’m still learning and reading about it, but I’m trying to make sure I’ve got a little bit at every stage along the way. I’ll work on scaling it back in future grows to figure out where it’s really necessary, but for now it’s cheap enough and I see a benefit.

3 Likes

I agree and i have some already. When i got my master pack i wasnt exspecting it to have so much stuff?? It is an amazing deal for what you get. $149.95 for this🤯

A master catalogue and the box of stuff under that.

Here i have taken everything out of the box.
But if its the master pack why is this missing?

4 Likes

Its not for hydro lol but i use hi brix molasses for my amino acids .works well w organics

5 Likes

Yeah, there are lots of ways to introduce aminos. The ones I have are a powder that I add a few pinches of to my foliar sprays.

5 Likes

Update for the end of week 1 in veg.

I wanted to start with showing the difference choosing a seed that has been bred versus a seed that came from a chuck someone did to share some medicine.

All plants are grown in a standard environment. They get the same food, watering schedule, environment and light to push their growth.

These 2 plants came as a gift of seed from someone who had a couple great plants that helped some people he was growing for. They were crossed and the seed was given for free. Not bred for generations to get a stable plant.

Here’s a shot of the four different plants. The bottom left and top right are the 2 that were freshly pollen chucked, an Orange Chemo X. Top left is a Northern Lights and bottom right in the Solo Cup is a CBDurban Poison, both from Canuck Seeds.

The roots are not nearly as developed on the OCX as they are on the Northern Lights.

They’ve barely made it out past the starter cube.

A bit tough to see, but the roots are almost all the way out to the edge of the pot on Northern Lights.

Our girl, the CBDurban Poison, is doing very nicely.

I’m going to guess the leaf cupping on OCX is from over watering. I’ve kinked one of the 2 drip lines as a quick test. This should also let the rockwool dry out a bit more between irrigation cycles and encourage the roots to explore the pot a bit further, building more roots.

This is also less than 24 hours after a foliar feeding of fulvic/kelp/aminos/yucca so I won’t rule that out as a possible cause. I’m not going to foliar feed for the next week to see if over watering was the problem.

7 Likes

Leaf curl on this OCX seems to be getting worse before it gets better. Haha, at least I hope that’s the case

Our girl, the CBDurban Poison, bounced back like a champ after being tied topped 3 days ago. I’m going to wait for another node to grow then I’ll top them again. Should be ready by the end of veg week 2. That will give me 8 main branches per plant and will be the end of trimming/training in veg.

5 Likes

Do you know why the leaves are curling like that?
I had the same thing happen to an outdoor LSD plant this summer and I could not get it to stop doing it.

2 Likes

It could be a lot of things. I’m going to guess it is over watering for my first test. The leaves are healthy and soft - nothing on them crunchy or dry - so I’m going to see if I can turn her around.
It might just be genetic, too. This plant is new to me and I have no experience with what it’s like to grow.

4 Likes

Let’s talk topping.

The reason I top after 3 sets of nodes (6 fan leaves) is because of the way it shapes the plant.

In this shot I topped after 2 sets of nodes. Notice how the first grows set of branches grows “left/right”, our to the sides of the plant, and the second set goes “in/out” with one branch growing away from the plant and one growing into the center? If all branches are topped like this they won’t make a wide, even canopy.

This branch shows how now I’ve got 2 new tips growing left/right from the plant.

Red shows where our first topping put our branches. Orange shows where they’ll be after the second topping, and blue will be where the final main branches end up.

All plants had 2 tops as clones.

11 Likes

Finally a clear, idiot proof explanation for topping and the effect on the shape of the plant. You cleared up a whole new world of exploration for me. Thanks @devjyarn !!!

4 Likes

Haha, believe my surprise when I was walking through the garden and noticed! I thought I was seeing sideways.

5 Likes

I topped all my plants just like that. But i stopped at 4 main colas.

5 Likes

Week 2 vs week 1 of veg. Coming along nicely!

I ran into a calcium deficiency at the beginning of the week. With such a small amount of rockwool, the Solo Cup plant acts as a really good indicator of what’s going on in the garden. To fix it I upped my Part B (calcium nitrate) in ratio to my other nutrients and things have been going well.

The reduced watering looks like it has helped the leaf curl from getting any worse. I’ll be reintroducing my foliar sprays of fulvic/kelp/aminos/yucca this week.

5 Likes

Nice looking golden.

2 Likes

Well it’s not a Solo Cup Grow any more! Haha,I figure since I’m the only one who grew a plant for the contest I can also drop out without letting anyone but myself down.
Our girl in the red cup was having a tough time getting enough nutrition to grow properly. definitely the heaviest feeder of these plants. Not a good mix with such a small root zone. Constant calcium deficiencies and a way smaller stem than the rest. It might be genetic, but the calcium problem certainly didn’t help.

Plants are being trained under some soft mesh netting to fill out the 3x3 area a 315w CMH will veg strongly. I want to fill out the 5x5 space completely to test my new LED from BIOS Ag Lighting. Hoping it’ll put out enough light to flower the area well - it’ll kill it in a 4x4.

Plants are being given a daily foliar spray of each of the before mentioned fulvic kelp and aminos with yucca as a surfactant, and are also getting now getting a calcium nitrate foliar spray. Both are pH adjusted to 5.5 in RO water and at a strength of 2.0 EC/1000 ppm on the 500 scale. Nutrients are at 2.4 EC/1200 ppm on the 500 scale at pH 6.1. The ratio of Cal-Nit was increased in reaction to the deficiency. I’ll be reducing the number of calcium nitrate foliar sprays over the next few days and keeping an eye out for calcium toxicity. The sprays are to get nutrition into the plant fast.

Also check out my ongoing review of the 315 CMH that @GNTeam and all of the people taking care of this forum set me and @hoppiefrog up with.
https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/cmh-315w-prism-sun-systems-philips/25111/33

Apologies for a lack of updates, things are kind of picking up for me in regards to finding work as a grower with a couple different international medical startups. Exciting times!

7 Likes