Multi Strain Hydro LED Grow

Damn that’s at my local home Depot

4 Likes

![20191029_193814|243x500]
(upload://p8k82cKpBNeK2NKHYJgDOofB7ek.jpeg)

The canopy is filling out nicely, although a little bit slowly after a calcium deficiency. I’m going to try to get a top branch into every square in the bottom trellis before I flip to flower. If the canopy isn’t full I’m just paying to try to grow my tent floor. I’d rather grow bud.
My goal is to get 2lbs, over an ounce from every 9 squares in the top trellis. Haha, let’s hope we get there!

8 Likes

You will bro no doubt… I see growers here getting QPs off a plant and they aren’t half as talented as you… You’re style is quality and quantity brotha… They’ll reach the 2nd set before you know it lol… Trained to perfection :wink::call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

6 Likes

Here meaning southern cali lol BTW

5 Likes

I flipped the girls into flower over the weekend. They’ve filled the canopy nicely and should be fully supported by the top layer of trellis after their stretch. I’ll defoliate once after stretch, then let them ride until harvest.

7 Likes

Looking great bro! Your canopy is filling out nicely. I really like that setup! I definitely need a second layer of trellis for my scrogg. I’m dropping my screen over my plants in a few day’s and will be open to any suggestions. I’ll link ya in my post. The plants are looking great even with the calcium deficiency.

4 Likes

@devjyarn Do you think your plants will have that deficiency cleared up after a couple weeks in flower, after noticing it and correcting it with your nutrients? Is that possible since our plants have had that deficiency for 3 weeks before we could even notice it?

4 Likes

@devjyarn What kind of hydro setup are you running? It’s really tight and clean!!

3 Likes

Unfortunately it’s going to affect the plants overall, but I don’t expect it to be huge. This is the first time I’ve run these plants and I’m learning them. 2 out of the 4 are really heavy feeders. I should have them on a separate irrigation system with different nutes, but I’m trying to keep my life simple. I’ll adjust if I run these plants again.

I’m running pure hydroponic salts in rockwool. Jack’s Professional 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 as a base, then I adjust and supplement based on their stage of development.

Feel free to @ me in you thread and I’ll answer any questions I can.

6 Likes

Very good work young man. You are showing promise. I’ll be keeping watch. But you look to have it all under control

5 Likes

I appreciate the kind words, @MK3_Pharms. I’m at the point where I know enough to know that I’ve still got a lot to learn, haha. But I love learning and finding new skills and techniques, so I’m in the right place.

4 Likes

I’m an old stubborn mule. I’ve always wanted to try your set up. However I’m too set in soil to change. 30+ years growing in soil only. My grows are a little slower and will probably yeild less then yours. But heck I still enjoy my old tyme ways. Rock on dude it’s your world

6 Likes

I’m going to be very hesitant about trying a multi strain grow because I still have so much to learn about hydro. I’m only at the beginning of my 2nd grow and I feel like the chances of loosing a plant or 2 because of their different varying needs of feeding would be very high. So I applaude your skills!!

4 Likes

CBDurban Poison (front right plant)

Orange Chemo #4 (front left plant)

Northern Lights. Can see the remnants of some of the leaves left with a bit of calcium deficiency. (back left)

Orange Chemo #1 (back right)

6 Likes

Looks like they’re starting to Shoot pistils are you getting ready for flower?.. What’s your light schedule on right now?

3 Likes

I flipped them into 12/12 on Friday. A couple pistils on some of them already, which I’m happy about. They’re looking really healthy so far.

4 Likes

Nevermind :rofl: my bad I forgot you flipped them… So sorry brotha

4 Likes

They’re looking really good man​:facepunch: :herb::seedling::palm_tree::fire:… So once you flip do you go immediately to 12/12?

3 Likes

Yeah, my “flip” is switching my lights to 12/12 along with a bunch of other stuff like temp, humidity, nutrient ratios, and my watering schedule for flower.
I’ll measure my weeks of flower from this past Friday, the 1st.

5 Likes

Not sure if you have ever read up on the red leaves. I know you have flipped so don’t do anything now. I tend to remove them through out the veg stage of growth. The possibly are indicators of certain issues. Or sometimes it’s genetic. Read up a little you might find some good info. Since I’ve been doing it. I can’t say I have any complaints but of course doing it in veg, while supplementing with fulvic , humic and such replacements are a week away as you know.
My general rule is. If you are going to do a defoliation give you girls a min of three weeks recovery before the flip. If you notice. It always seems very stressful at the flip. Transition really takes it out of the girls. Just some thoughts running around in my head I thought you might like

6 Likes