MW is growing again

I moved it but didn’t destroy it. Is there some way I can collect the pollen for you or send you a few cuttings to clone?

6 Likes

So after thinking about while not stoned… I think I’ll make a few clones. My last, admittedly half assed attempt a cloning failed miserably but I am hoping ya’ll can talk me through it. ;^) Its not rocket surgery. I put “the dude” in a sunny spot in the mud room so I assume he will re-veg because he won’t be on 12/12 anymore.

Should be fun (or embarrassing), stay tuned. I have some reading to do.

9 Likes

I’m still tuned in. Let’s see it!

7 Likes

Clone it fast because its really hard to reveg a flowering male! I know i tried it a lot. Now if you clone it within the first 10 days of light cycle change to the flowering cycle your good. After say 12 days your screwed. Already flowered males will continue to prodeuce fully flowering flowers full of pollen and it will just be a tiny pollen machine it will not stop. This is why its crucial to clone any male when its very young. Once you flower its damn near impossible. Lost a few really great strains because of this. So i perma clone then when i make a new strain i make 4-5 because i always have something on hand.

6 Likes

MW plans, God laughs… My first email this morning tells me I am traveling again most of the next 2 weeks. I flipped these 16 days ago so it doesn’t sound like good odds anyway.

6 Likes

Prey I know we havent talked for awhile but im growing one of ur straight Runtz seeds that I got from u probably 3 years ago she is just over 2 months old and I havent flipped her yet but she is a beast

8 Likes

Ooh nice thats one of my favorites

4 Likes

A quick update on the indoor grow. 2 Gorilla Glue autos are small but coming along.

Runtz and Monkeyslapz are doing ok but I still seeing what looks like nute burn and I haven’t given them anything but water for a month when I top dressed with Dr Earth and worm castings.

I am puzzled. I may be underwatering out of fear of overwatering. Could underwatering cause the same symptoms as burn because of the relative amount of water to nutes?

I don’t know… what do ya think?

8 Likes

I always water to runoff, unless the plants are really small. If you don’t water to runoff, the residual nutrients that are left over after each feeding stay there. If you water with a little bit of runoff, that little bit of runoff that comes through carries away a lot of the leftovers from the last time if that makes sense. It works for me. Right now on my indoor on six plants I get a little more than a quart of runoff every day. The nutrient solution going into the plants has an EC of around 2 and the PH is 6–6.2. The runoff has an EC of about 6 and the pH is 5.6. These particular plants are about done. One to two weeks and they’ll probably be harvested. It shows how much buildup of nutrients you get over the span of a grow. Oh yeah, my grow media is Promix. :+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Thanks @happilyretired I watered to runoff yesterday. The run off looked like dark tea. I need a new PH tester so I don’t know what I am running at right now. I’ll bet they perk right up.

Thanks! Advice like this is why I am here! And the fact that the combos of gray haired hippies & youngsters, long time growers & beginners, scientist & gardeners is a hoot.

9 Likes

This is The least expensive, good meter that I know of.

It’s well worth the money. And when the head gets wore out, you can just replace it. I can’t remember how much it was 40/50 bucks. Which is probably what you would spend on a cheap meter that you would have to replace every year. Well, worth saving up for. :+1:t3::v:t3:

10 Likes

I agree with @happilyretired. The Apera is the same one I have used for years and it has served me well. The kit comes with everything you need for calibration and there are all kinds of guides on how to use it. For me it paid for itself…seriously.

10 Likes

I was surprised how much water it took to get run off. 5 gallon fabric pots and I gave them each 1 1/4 gallons over about 20 minutes before I got any significant run off. I have been grossly underwatering! They must have been dry as dust at the bottom. Fortunately they are very forgiving and I have seen the light!

They are responding nicely. Still some “burnt ends” (yummmm bbq! I digress…) but I’ll see what the next new leaves look like.

The autos are coming along. BUT I am sure I have been severely underwatering them too.

8 Likes

Just imagine those plants being twice as big in the same amount of time. Just by giving more food and/or water. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

The weight of the plant is what you need to learn. When the plants are younger before the pot is completely crammed full of roots I water to runoff once a week. This increases as the plants grow.
You see what’s going on now so you’ll get your own rhythm…:+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

+1 for the Apera meters… have mine for years, cost significantly less than BlueLab and same quality imho. Made in Germany :de:

9 Likes

I love my apera I just actually got it after my blue lab pen just completely stopped working

7 Likes

Hello, Its been a while with no updates. I harvested my indoor girls. I got 3 1/2 mason jars of Gorilla Glue from 2 plants. My Runtz and Monkey Slapz are still drying. Considering how much time I was gone and the mistakes I made I did alright and am grateful but nothing picture worthy. I grossly underwatered for much of the run (Thanks @HostileHippie420) and haven’t been PHing my water. So I won’t make those mistakes again. BTW my new Apera pen just arrived!

I still have my outdoor girls. 2 more Runtz and another Monkey Slapz. They were doing great but took a real beating in a hail storm the other night.

I think they will come back but…

THEY ARE FLOWERING!?!?!

WTF? is trauma from the all the crazy weather we have been having? Hot days, thunder storms and hail most evenings.

Wadaya think?

9 Likes

Shes definitely flowering… beautiful ladies!

6 Likes

Yep your flowering and everybody else is too. If not flowering darn close to it. ‘tis the season. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

It really has been a tough summer with the weather so far.

9 Likes