My $150 DWRC system

I got this 3 gallon 4 bucket RDWC set up with a 5 gallon resivoir system in 2017 and its been collecting dust. So i spent like an hour setting it up and doing a test run. I remembered to put the air pump up above the water level so it doesnt syphon the water out and ruin the pump or flood the tent. I think i might get 5 gallon buckets and a larger resivoir. If i can get the hang of it. I was going to use this little system when i got the parts from my friends hydroponics store. And somehow he talked me into some foxfarm soil because i didnt have to do anything but water it. I think he was setting me up to buy nutrients also. Anyways heres the system set up.

20221020_191944_1

16 Likes

Hell to the yes. Preys going hydro. Im looking into the aircube 6 site system

10 Likes

@PreyBird1 cant wait to see what :fire::fire: you can do with this system

11 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this, I knew you said you were gunna start it up sometime and give RDWC another shot. STOKED :star_struck:

P.s. Not afraid that the roots will clog up the holes? They look small.

11 Likes

Nice. You could save some money and have a fun little project by building one yourself tho. It’s not so hard with the help of some videos, I really like what Mechanical Garden did, here’s a link to a post w/ his videos: Going Hydroponic 💧 - #9 by MrMonkey420 - DIY Do It Yourself - Growers Network Forum
Run to ur local hydroshop and ask for some help :slight_smile: You’ll be set up in a day,with a nice DIY quality-system and it gives you the freedom to set up and expand however you like! :+1:

9 Likes

Yeah i am worried. I might have to use a wiffle ball or some kind of blocker.

10 Likes

Ok i have never done this rwdc. I got my setup to stop leaking and i cut a bunch of clones.

I got a R/O system.

I think i need some more equipment?
@Slym3r @treetrunks @budfarmer
I have a low cost 3-1 vivosun meter

but i only use it for PH’n my cloner.
So need some more equipment.

9 Likes

Ive been looking at new blue labs equipment.

I like this one. But i also like the soil Ph tester pen? Any advise folks.

Or this one?

10 Likes

There you go, the soil probe is $80 for less than the unit/soil bundle there , you can get all three.

8 Likes

Yep and i have a guardian machine for my tank.

11 Likes
9 Likes

i like this but feel like its redundant and im not sure what i need. This is what confused me today.

8 Likes

It’s a kit with an extra probe

10 Likes

The soil probe says it does water also. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

BlueLabs, are what I use, but I do have a few backups, Apera and Milwaukee

8 Likes

Ok so i found out the combo meter is different than the meter-plus. The ph pen doesn’t work with just the meter. It has to be the plus meter for the pen to work. But i found a screaming deal on it and the carry case and the ph care kit all for under $275 +ship.

It funny because Blue lab is from my home country of New Zealand.

12 Likes

Typically i shop at these vendors for sales and price comparison.

1. Growers house
  2. Amazon
  3. Growgreenmi
  4. Horticulture source
  5. Better grown hydro
    There’s definitely deals out there. And once i decide what i want. I spend at least an hour scouring the intrawebs for the best price. Im relentless and if i know a sale is going to happen soon ill time it when its a black friday or something like that. Saved $1000 bucks on 3 lights doing this. You can price match after but i dont like to do that because its easy to forget or get screwed on the deals.
10 Likes

My only Dwc was with tap water, an ec meter and some colour metric pH drops lol @PreyBird1 your gonna crush it with that gear

10 Likes

Im installing the Ro today ill update later.

10 Likes

Thats what i have @PreyBird1 cant go wrong with them

9 Likes