My 1st DWC Cycle and leaves are curling up

Hello guys, how are you doing? I’m running my first dwc cycle this year, everything was doing super fine until monday. Some of the newest leaves of the cannopies started to curling up and I really don’t know how to identify what’s going on. Temperature is around 23ºC with 55% of umidity. I’m from Brazil and I’m testing a new national fertilizer, and my sun is a 240w QB LM301H. The strain I choose to grow is a Peyote Cookies, from Barney’s Farm. Here are some pics of my baby, with 35 days of life. She looks fine, but those leaves are new stuff for me:

4 Likes

Your plants are looking great @leandroalleoni. My leaves will do that too. They honestly look like their loving life and folded up towards your light. Excessive heat can do that also, but it sounds like your keeping your temps down.
I’ve been growing dwc for a couple years now. Link me if you ever have any questions. I’ve dealt with most problems that can arise in dwc.
:v:

5 Likes

Hey, buddy, thanks for your answer! I just solve the problem: lack of food! Lol
Last week this PeyoteCookies started to eat like a real whale! On saturday I adjusted the nutrition and next day, leaves began to get normal again. Tonight I will post new pics here! Thanks again :wink:

6 Likes

@Tygrow78 s I said, I took some pics for you to see. That’s her today, with 43 days of life:

I was thinking about flip to flowering stage at 45 days, what do you think? Should I give it a proper defoliation right before that? Or should I wait to defoliate and flip at 60 days of life now that she is almost recovered?

4 Likes

Day 45 sounds good for dwc @leandroalleoni. Your plants will come close to tripling their size by Day 28.
Your plants look great!

2 Likes

Damn, my 80x80 will be gone. Looking forward to see that. LOL

I’ll keep posting. Thanks again, @Tygrow78.

Oh, one more thing: do you defoliate it? Before or after flipping it? I was reading about the schwazzing, but I’m not sure… lol

2 Likes

Yes, I do a good defoliation before flipping @leandroalleoni. Then again during week 3 of flower.

3 Likes

Right on! Tomorrow I’ll be doing the first one then.

Thanks again, man, and sorry to bother u that much.

3 Likes

Never a bother! If you ever have questions about dwc, just hit me up.

2 Likes

Looking good @leandroalleoni and glad you found a solution to your problem with the help of @Tygrow78 . Great cannabis community!!!

2 Likes

Yes, definitively is helping me a lot, @chrisj. As I said, today was the day I would prepare de Peyote Cookies to the flowering stage. Here it is @Tygrow78 :

Here is a video of her right after de defoliation and LST adjustments:

And the results:

3 Likes

There she is. 3 days since I flipped to the flowering stage and doubled the amount of food. Looking happy as hell! Probably she will occupy the entire 80x80 in 25 days, and that’s good because that’s when the Big Devil XL Auto will be harvested.

3 Likes

@Tygrow78 @chrisj there she is on her 5th day of flowering!

2 Likes

Looks great @leandroalleoni! Nice job.

2 Likes