My 2nd grow!

It’s coming along nice!
I would not stress that 1 distorted leaf or leaves at the bottom, they are temporary.
If it continues or gets worse, we can revisit.
Don’t stress bottom leaves, they did their job.
I’m looking for lime green top grow, and dull green older leaves (not shiny leaves).

Thank you for the natural light shot, it’s beautiful.
The important part is the entire plant looks healthy including the top growth.

Point your fan up so the air is uplifting like how a ceiling fan runs on Winter mode.
We want our plants dancing without air being blowing directly on them.

I cannot stand a fan blowing on me at all!

Kyle M

2 Likes

You’re looking for glassy mushrooms those are tricomes if they’re clear not ready imo and depending on what effect u want for a a energetic high u want them milky if u want a melt into the couch you’d wait until the tricomes are idk say 50% imo

2 Likes

But everybody has their own methods

1 Like

When the trichomes turn milky they look look like sugar. I like to wait until they start turning amber before I harvest.

4 Likes

This is a great guide to go by. I think someone on this forum posted it, I wish I could remember so I could tag them in.

5 Likes

Do you think the discoloration would be from not watering enough? I didn’t do a ton of research when I started but thought it was good enough lol. I’m going to use fabric pots next time and either the 3 or 5 gal. I think this a 12in one I’m wondering if I went to small on the pot and it hurt how big the plant could of been i also didn’t want to transplant and possibly lose everything.

1 Like

The first orange hairs popped out over night yesterday they were all white.

4 Likes

To me that looks so beautiful what you guys think?

4 Likes

I have been told to use hemp rolling paper for breaks. Less damage to the plant

1 Like

I use grafting tape. Its non sticky and stretches with plant growth. Sticks to itself like saran wrap.

3 Likes

That’s cool
I’ll have to get some.

2 Likes

Never mind lol…only two or three posts showed up and first…then the whole thread appeared! What I first wrote no longer applied. Looks good! The “hairs” are the female pistols, the pollen collectors, as the flowers age they turn from white to orange or brown or purple depending on the strain. Basically they are dying.

2 Likes

Is there other ways to tell if it’s ready besides the The tricomes? When I look through the 60x I can see multiple amber tricomes but I would say only like 10% look like that

1 Like

Only go by the trichs on the bud. Sugar leafs and pistils dont really count. For me I like a bit of couch lock. If you go by just eyeballing the pistils once about 95% of them turn orange or brown your usually safe to do a harvest. Once I get to that point is when I start looking close at the trichs on the buds. I like about 30% amber on the buds themselves.

2 Likes

This probably sounds dumb but how do you look at the bud with all the little bitty tiny leafs all around it

1 Like

Not dumb at all bro! Try lifting up a couple leaves and see if you can get a peek under them. You may need to bend the bud over just a tad. I usually just poke around till I can see a good spot and go with it.

1 Like

Ok thank you i’ll try looking when I get home

2 Likes

I checked the trics on the bud didn’t have any ambers yet. but I got this new light for my next grow that’s supposed to be here tomorrow it’s a Mars hydro ts1000 I currently have a 600w burple light is it worth it to use the new light for the last week or it probably wouldn’t make a difference this late into it?

1 Like

Wouldn’t hurt. Maybe use em both?

1 Like

I have to choose one or the other but probably just put the new one in just because lol

2 Likes