My babies...will they...make it?

So, everything was going OK… until I transplanted to their final containers (after around 4 weeks in seedling pot and then 2 liter pots) , and 3 days later they look very unhappy.

They are in pre-buffered coco, with 30% perlite. EC 1.2/1.3, PH 5.9/6.1. Under LED lights. They look over-watered? Is that possible? I have been watering once a day.

Any idea whats going on? I hope a wise soul can advise and save their lives. Pictures below

thank you

5 Likes

do they need it?

they indeed do :frowning:

what kind of temps are you running?

I hope they can also there are lots of them here :slight_smile:

tell us more please

Dequilo

6 Likes

Hello! And thank you for the reply.

Temp is in the region on 20c-24c.

I have been following the “cocoforcannabis” method, which advises fertigation multiple times per day, claiming it isn’t possible to over-water in coco, and that frequent watering with runoff leads to a stable EC and PH with nutrients always available to the plant.

Perhaps the root system isn’t developed enough for daily watering at this point? I have used this method in the past and had great results so I really don’t understand what the problem is :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

68 F to 75 F :slight_smile: how cold is you pots? I know under LEDs I have been running my

air temperature around 27.7 c - 28.3 c with outstanding growth in soil-less

what is the leaf temp? at your temp they may be a bit cold

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Thanks, nacho :smile:

6 Likes

Have u watered til runoff. Id say check the ph of the outcome water. Let some drip then check the runoff water for ph especially. It does look o wr watered but when i had this issue it turned out to be the ph was off in the medium running high at 6.4ish also had a set run low at like a 4.7 and looked similar also. Next water for sure try and let water run out of pot some then catch enough to get a good reading from. Imma lean towards possible ph issue in the spil. Can be fixed pretty simple but takes time for plant to start to look okay again. Have u calibrated the ph meter recently or at all??

5 Likes

Hi Mark,

Yes, I water with runoff. I also check the PH with 2 calbirated meters … I will double check the calibration and check the PH of the runoff!

4 Likes

with runoff, I mean till runoff :grinning:

5 Likes

some more info…

runoff ec is the same as inflow EC. However, runoff PH is 7.1!

Also, I sprayed them with calmag foliar spray before lights out and they were looking a bit better at lights on… and then a few hours later they started looking limp and sad again. Could be relevent?

5 Likes

it could :slight_smile: what is your VPD? they might be drowning

thanks

Dequilo

3 Likes

When u wayer cut the ph down to like a 5.0 and do a slow soak and see what the putcome comes out themn. If lower but not low enoigh do the same thing til runoff comes put as close to 5.8 as u can het it. Always try and wayer at 5.8 or Tleast between 5.8 and 6.0 at highest unless u have a problem

4 Likes

Welcome to forum @ladyjay

5 Likes

OK, I will try that. many thanks for the advice

5 Likes

Hi @ladyjay welcome to the fam. How’re things in the meantime?
About that possible calcium shortage: can you tell us the EC reading of your plain water?

4 Likes

Hello! Things are not particularly great. So I had to throw them into flowering due to time constraints. I think have improved slightly but still look ill!

I switched to Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco for flowering. Currently 2 weeks in and feeding at EC of 1.2. I use RO water, so water before nutes is EC 0. I was adding calmag during veg (to get EC up to 0.4 before adding A+B) as I was using Canna Coco for that phase.

I contacted Advanced Nutrients and they said no supplemental calmag is required with the Sensi Coco range, so I’m not currently adding calmag. Here’s how they look now (not very good):

5 Likes

They look like they r picking up oretry good.

4 Likes