My buds have white spots after curing on jar. Is it gone?

I have a northern lights strain curing in a jar. Left them 5 days to dry. It seemed dry enough. But after I left it at the jar some white spots seemed to appear. My other strain dryer the same time and it’s ok. It’s my second grow and I don’t know wether I should throw my yield away. Any help would be appreciated

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Can you post some pictures for us? It helps a lot to see what you are telling us about.

4 Likes

Without being able to see it. I am guessing it is mold. If it is just on the outside prune it off, it is growing all the way through the buds I don’t believe I would smoke it.

1 Like

Thank you! I was getting an error trying to upload via mobile.

1 Like

Welcome to the growers network. We are glad you are here.

3 Likes

Finally got the upload to work!

1 Like

Can’t say 100%, but kinda looks like mold/mildew possibly

2 Likes

I wouldn’t smoke it.

3 Likes

Ditto me either. I’m honestly not sure if white mold/mildew will hurt you, but I bet it would at the very least fubar the taste.

1 Like

Only one way to know for sure. Pack a bowl and see what happens. It might intensify the buzz.

1 Like

No smoking moldy weed is no good for the lungs. Plus playing with it to break it up ur spreading mold spores juat save urself a doc visit with some kind of lung infection or something. No weed is worth a dr bill like that

4 Likes

I packed away some Sour D Thai mix once and I broke open a bud and it had some mold. Took a bong hit and came down with pneumonia a few days later. The antibiotics they gave me made me sweat and have crazy dreams.

One of those dreams I was able to write a NYT Bestseller from and live happily ever after.

But I would suggest passing on smoking any moldy weed. The odds are against you getting a bestseller.

4 Likes

No doubt!! Powderly mold!!
Had it before, sometimes you can wash it off.
But not if it’s to bad. I’ve smoked it before.
If you smoked all that important stuff from Mexico like I did for so long you have smoked some too!
Do Recommend smoking it, but I’ve done it myself before.

1 Like

U can prolly do another wash with 50 50 peroxide water and let it dry out good again keep it in a good spot and it shouldn’t grow it back.

This is years old @Mark0427