My Depraved Sick0 Cannabis’alism

@treedawg this is another living soil builders :wink:

4 Likes

Round 2 in this 5 gal pot starts today with a Zkittlez Auto from Seedsman US. I’m not an auto grower, but that’s not to say that I don’t from time to time. Her pot is all ready. This pot has the subcool recipe. From my experience with it, it’s outdated, and it has always failed me in flowering.

With her being an auto, I was unsure if it could handle my most recent, only cooked for 3 weeks, soil mix. I was gonna toss that pot of soil, but no till gets better with age. I can make this work🤞🏼

I started by roughing up the top inch of soil, but the root mass made that impossible. The previous plant had become root bound in that pot. I had to break that down some first.

I began by using 1/3 C bokashi, 2 tbsp kelp meal and 1 tbsp barley; to which, I barely covered with some fresh EWC from my worm bin. That came with more worms per handful. I then added 1.5 tbsp, wheat bran over fresh castings for an added food supply for everything.

I gave that process 2 weeks to do it’s thing. During this period, I covered the pot with a trash bag to help keep it moist and dark. It has been getting the dregs of my tea as well.

So now, I top dressed the pot with 1 C, basalt and 1/4 C, oyster flower before adding 1 C of my replenishing blend.

I tossed in probably 50 more reds and 30 more Eu Night crawlers at this point. Next came the cover crop seeds (white clover) and the compost layer.

Water water water, and then today.

I dug a lil hole in the center, and pulled out the remaining tap root

Replaced the hole with: 1 hf (hand full) of ProMix BX, 1 hf compost, 2 hf fresh EWC (worms included) 1/4 tsp Recharge, 1/2 tsp kelp flower. Blended well and used only what was needed.

The rest was added into a Solo Cup with holes and places in a cooking tote to awaite a seed. Any worms left can and definitely will have a blast in that bin. A whole new and less crowded, world awaits you!

This will be the first auto that I’ve tried since going no till gardening. Good or bad, all shall see with me, but I’m hoping for mostly good. Until my next update :wave: y’all

10 Likes

I’m sure she is going to love that soil. I have some of those autos so I’ll definitely be watching to see how it does :wink:

4 Likes

Interesting BudBro. I’ve read about this but never seen it. Can I ask, you don’t use any perlite to get air to the roots ? Or is that what the worms are for, besides their poop ?
I’ll be watching. I like to try different ways to grow.
Good luck with your auto.
ASSOG.

6 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum @assog Glad to have you here.

There is perlite in the original soil mix. Also the seed starting mix I just made has ProMix instead of just using a regular sphagnum peat. ProMix has perlite already added.

As for my soil mix that is cooking now, that was amended with 2 ft3 of lava rocks. Perlite has a tendency to compress and harden like concrete when used over a longer time period. Since going no till, I have to think about things in the long term.

The poop is just another added benefit. The red wigglers tend to stay at the top 3-4” of the pot and do a good job with aeration. The Eu Night crawlers tend to go deep 8” or so to get them roots lots of air.

5 Likes

Cool BudBro. This is really interesting stuff. Can I ask how long have you been growing this way ? And how many complete grows ? Also what benefits have you noticed ?
Oh one more thing when you cook your soil mixture are the worms in it ? LOL. It sounds funny.
Thanks for the quick reply.
ASSOG.

5 Likes

I left the bottles completely behind last year. I have one pot that has had 3 grows in it and one with 2 down so far.

I like easy to maintain. By far, the taste is the biggest improvement. I’ve had slightly smaller harvests, but they’re more potent buds.

There are worms in those bins as well. “Cooking” just means the micro heard is breaking down the organics. I have a worm farm setup that contains my working/breeding ones. This makes collection of the EWC a breeze. All my pot leaves amongst other things go into it. I want my worm poo to be a veg or a flowering blend, so they get fed differently to accommodate this.

6 Likes

Lights just came on @missiles here’s my lil SKO that I fimed 2 days ago.

9 Likes

Oh wow she is doing wonderful :grin: she looks so healthy and green. Nice work :wink:

3 Likes

Sure am following ! I have mixed this with 1.5 cu ft. of roots original. It was given to me from another person on another forum. haha. I am going to fill half of 7 gallon fab pot with it for flower. Wish me luck !
1/8 Recipe
1 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

7 Likes

@BudBrother you have an interesting way of working your No Till Living Soil Mang.
I too left the shelved nutrients behind last year. Started out with 100 red wrigglers. 2 60 lb bags of well mixed composted soil ( from local farmer ) had to amend it because the ladies said they had problems finishing their tomatoes with their mix. So with a fresh start and 3 months of cooking I set out on my new journey- Growing Organic Weed. One of my first set of plants had a tomato plant grow with in a 5 gallon smartpot. I harvested them both. The tomatoes were sweet and the Bud was Sweeter.
I still have my worm farm in a 40 gallon tote and use it to mix more Living Soil. My soil has now multiplied over n over n over again. I have now built up to 24- 18 gallon totes, 1- 37 gallon tote, n 26 1gallon pots in Use today. With another Super batch of 18 gallons of High Test macronutrients n micronutrients brewing for my next recipe. This adds up to 7.7 cu yds. It just keeps getting better.
P.S. Fulvic n Humic acids are very important in your soils. They both attach to much needed nutrients and keeps them readily available for your plants. Good luck Farmer

6 Likes

I add the humic and fulvic via tea, plus the Big6 is micronutrients chelated through Faust Ful-Humix Humic Acid.

5 Likes

I have 5 - 7 gallon pots filled to the top with roots original. When I chop in 6 weeks or so, Will this be a good start to make super soil?
I don’t have to do the half and half with living soil, right? like the mix I have now. Appreciate you sharing this knowledge !

3 Likes

I haven’t used Roots Original soil before. Maybe someone else here can help answer that for you.

No you don’t layer living soil.

3 Likes

Are any of you guys composting? What do you think is the best compost system? I’d like to add composting, chickens, and bees to my homesteading efforts in the next couple of years. I’d love to put up some bat houses too but I don’t think I live in a great area for them. But the bee thing I am definitely doing at some point!

5 Likes

Lights just came on

Day 1 for ZLZ Auto

7 Likes

@Bogleg I have a compost pile outside, and I also do vermiculture. Noting fancy for either.

5 Likes

Gonna transplant my lil ones today, so I though I’d share a quick pic

My 4 yr old Peyote that was munched on by a furry lil woodland creature has repaired the damage. I shall now call it Eileen

9 Likes

Where you come by that @BudBrother

6 Likes

I’ve got a pdf of plans for building a simple three stage composting bin, I just have to dig it up from my computer. It 3ft tall, 3ft deep and 9ft long, if that’s the size you were thinking of.

4 Likes