My first bubble hash

It was a lot easier than I thought. I used the trim from 2 plants and got 9.5grams out of three runs

16 Likes

Lovely Chef, reminds me to get some bubble on the boil.

1 Like

Have you ever used hash for edibles? If so how would you go about decarboxylating it?

1 Like

Nice job chef 9.5 grams is amazing

1 Like

Nice job! Looks good

My partner is the baker and maker. She is always cooking with it. Decarbing is usually done in the oven with her. I dont ask questions. my baking skills are better. I usually make canna butter as my base ingredient and use that in whatever I make, no decarbing.

2 Likes

You don’t decarb before you make butter? Just curious why not? Do you add sun flower lecethin?

1 Like

Yes, you can decarb bubble. Bubble is just cold solventless extraction so its mainly thca or cbda. You can do the oven thing like you do trim or bud. Years ago we were taking bubble and mixing it with kief. Doing a low and slow simmer on a skillet to bind it all together. I would take those and roll little balls in my full spectrum oil and make little moon balls. Hahaha they where fantastic.

4 Likes

My favorite bags are the 90 and 73. They both full melt for me. So have you made it with wet trim yet, or just dry? Wet trim is all full melt for me, but a lot less amount.

1 Like

Couldn’t you just make hash butter

1 Like

I ended up decarboxylating it in coconut oil. The problem with butter is it doesn’t get above 212 degrees without burning

1 Like

You don’t decarb before you make butter? Just curious why not? Do you add sun flower lecethin?

No. I personally believe it decarbs when I am making it. My base ingredients for edibles are usually made from either butter or coconut oil, and I think the decarbing is happening for the 3 hours I have it on simmer. My canna butter is always a treat and a good strength for us to enjoy the psychoactive effects. So stuck in my ways and dont decarb.

Couldn’t you just make hash butter

With bubble hash, I normally make either hash chocolate treats, or only used for smoking in my joints.

3 Likes

Do you get your temps up around 230f/110c degrees when your cooking or making your butter? Just curious. I usualy dont break 160f/71c.
I know the tests Ive done in the past with my material did not fully decarb until I was hitting 230 and above for certain lengths of time.

3 Likes

so exciting man, im just getting back in the bubble game myself! great return on that!

1 Like

Over the years Hashish has been overlooked so much. Only “extract” I really enjoy. Your hash looks nice!

1 Like

5 Likes