My First Grow Attempt

Good day, Growers. I am having my first grow in a tent. And this is my first post. Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section. I have 6 varieties.I request your assistance. One of them is showing curled-up leaves as seen in the picture. Is this normal or a deficiency of something? I got the clones on the 5th of January from a reputable clone shop.

11 Likes

G’day @thejackal Curling over the edges (sometimes called ‘tacoing’), especially with nursery plants, is commonly caused by light stress (too much light). Another common cause is overwatering. Third is temperature but less common.
Since your leaf colour is fine and they’re not twisting and curling hard, I would start with those 3 parameters.

Light at this stage: 300-500 ppfd. If you don’t have a PAR-meter, look for a ppfd map from the manufacturer to see what your light’s ppfd output is at which height.
An example of such a map:

If everything is splendid in the light, water, and temperature department, we can look further at what is going on in the rootzone. (incorrect ph, EC, bugs, …).

Happy growing.
:v: :monkey:

11 Likes

Thank you, this is very informative. Let me get to grow

9 Likes

was going to ask what is the lighting?

and welcome nice to have you with us

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

11 Likes

I have a 220W Samsung Full spectrum led grow light 1.5m above the plants tuned to 50%. I am going to measure the light as advised and bring it to the recommended values.

10 Likes

Interesting. Doesn’t sound like light stress is your problem then. Not from a 220W LED, 1.5m above canopy, especially not dimmed at 50%.

We should look further.
Do they get time to dry up a little between waterings? It helps to lift your pots to get a hang of what their weight is, wet & dry. And is your water pH’ed correct?

10 Likes

You can also copy & paste this template below into a reply and fill out to the best of your ability, especially the first category in bold, it’s the most valuable information for us to be able to assist. :v:

Strain:
Breeder or seedbank:
Lights: 220W full spectrum LED
Light height: 1.5m above canopy
pH water:
EC or PPM feed water:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night):
Medium:
Nutrient type (liquid synthetic/liquid organic/organic dry amendments/living soil/…):
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):
Water Temp. (if DWC):

Tent, Room Size:
Ventilation:
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Co2:
Pot sizes:
Seed germination date:
Veg duration:

8 Likes

Great, thank very much. Will collect data when I get home and post.

11 Likes

You came to the right place well help ya! And welcome to the community.

12 Likes

Welcome @thejackal. You have definitely hit the right forum. They took me from my first grow hacking, coughing and a headache when smoked to the envy of all my friends.

8 Likes

Show off…lol…well that pretty much covers it. Really, Mr. Monkey gave you excellent in depth advise.

And BTW they look real good. And I will make one more small point, transplanting and young plants will do this, and as they get bigger and some time grow right out of it. I don’t see anything major wrong at all.

Good job
Marty

7 Likes