My first grow setup/build plan

Hey everyone I’m a first time grow here in mass I have come up with what I believe to be a pretty solid plan for my first grow first things first I built a 10x10 room in my garage out of thick poly sheeting and lined the inside with foam board insulation

here I have drawn out my basic ideas for the room for growing equipment I plan on filling the tent with a hlg 550 vspec v2 carbon filer humidifier/dehumidifier (either or based time of year humidity swings around here) and 6 5 gallon pots with auto flowers. In the room I will have a 14000 btu a/c that doubles as a 10000 btu heater for the winter and I will also have a Hepa air purifier with uv light for air sanitation. As I said this is my first grow please feel free to leave tip comments advice thank you :pray:

4 Likes

This looks like a great set up to me! I like that you’ll have enough space outside the tent to store your growing supplies and make a little work space for trimming and mixing nutes.

Have you thought about using a 4x4 tent instead? It’ll allow you to use your light more efficiently and still still fill out nicely. You could stagger your grows, too. Start 2 seeds in a smaller space every few weeks, move them to the big tent to finish.

What kind of controllers will you be using to set your environment with that equipment? Will you be hand watering?

5 Likes

I’m looking at the diagram and yes it looks great but are the plants only going inside the tent… Instead of 25 square feet of space you could make the entire space a tent with a few upgrades to walls and what not… That’ll give you 100 square feet of grow space… Just from what I see you should take pics of the actual space itself and share those

3 Likes

I have thought of this but the way it’s build I believe it would take a lot to seal the light out I do wana also put a 4x4 or 4x2 tent for veg appreciate the advice

2 Likes

I do plan on adding a 4x2 or 4x4 for veg and other such modifications later I am planing on hand watering I have a countertop r/o system I will use for the water and I want to plant in live soil specifically coast of Maine platinum mix super soil and your basic time counter for my light and the a/c built in controller I will have my exaught fan on a temperature controller and humidity gauge controller for my humidifier and dehumidifier

4 Likes

How cold is the garage. You could make the room box and then install a tent in the room box if it gets really cold. Like a giant styrofoam cooler.

3 Likes

That is essentially what I will have

2 Likes

How cold does it get? In the garage? How hot? These are going to be the demons. You can grow at as high as 93 degrees but i dont recomend it. getting that high ever because Everything slows down and stresses out. And hermies and other issues. But i have tried many temps in an atempt to understand the plants reactions. And how it affects the plants growth. Very interesting to say the least.

3 Likes

Agreed :100:… It’s going to be dialing in everything… Air flow… Temperature… Humidity … Ventilation… Buuuuuuttttt like @devjyarn said a controller unit would ideal

3 Likes

In the winter it gets pretty cold in there probably 40 degrees but that’s the whole garage with no heat unit I just put up the feeder room it’s 10x10 of poly lined with foam board where I will have a portable heater/ac that is over powered for the space because it’s not exactly air tight and in that will be my grow tent

I thought i was gonna have an issue in my basement. But actually it a lovely 73 degrees in there. At all times. Like a Hawaiian summer evening. Lovely.

2 Likes

Nice… I’m 70-75 temp 45 to 55 humidity… Exactly like a Hawaiian climate :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I got my army lady bugs taking care of the garden.
Gave them some raisins. They love them and were hungry from there trip.

3 Likes