My first grow! the adventure begins

thanks @PreyBird1, in that case i’m gonna post more pics of my ladies :rofl::pray:t3::+1:t3:

6 Likes

They looking awesome that blurple really gives an awesome appearance

5 Likes

yeah a lot of people have mixed reactions towards what this light does for taking pictures/diagnosing plants. i personally love it, and the plants love this LED too, but i can see why someone would want to see them in CMH and HPS lighting

3 Likes

one thing i am concerned about is the leggy stretching of some of the branches in this tent. they mostly are branches that have started from the very bottom and clawed their way up, so i assume they will start stacking better now that they have reached the top of the canopy

4 Likes

Yup, ur just watching their flowering stretch, plants can double or triple their size in those 2 weeks after flowering is initiated when u hear of ppl having plants outgrow their space that’s usually why, thought the strain would end up say 4 ft flowering at 2 ft and ending up 6 ft tall

3 Likes

this is one week into flower. i’m wondering how much of this plant i should take off and when? how do you decide what to cut and what to leave? does it make a difference if you have space to sprawl vs having restricted growing space?

2 Likes

IMG_2317

IMG_2326

IMG_2319

scrogged these babies today, so pleased with how the tent looked after i got done that i had to just sit and appreciate and take it all in. not sure if i chopped enough off but think we did alright.

the LED’s are lookin super healthy as well, couldn’t ask for more at this point, just hoping everything finishes out smooth and we have a nice clean run.

i’m thinking i should grab scrog nets for the other two rooms, seems like that is the way to go unless there are other suggestions that i should try out that yield the same or similar but are a different approach. i’m all for learning what techniques suit each grower best. cheers!! :alien:

5 Likes

They are looking tremendous !
The ladies seem to be very happy right where you have them

2 Likes

thanks wayno! definitely couldn’t be happier with the way they are looking so far. like any proud father, here are some more pics of my honor roll students :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::grin:

3 Likes

Honor Roll ! Damn strait…

3 Likes

Still think u need more light bro! So many dark spots in those pics

2 Likes

the light these ones are under draws 630 watts at the wall - i cant imagine needing more wattage than that for 4 plants but i also don’t know jack shit since this is my first run. you might be right but i’m just gonna run it this way and see what happens, chalk it up as an experiment either way, learn the lessons and make adjustments moving forward. i do have a good feeling about what it will produce though, all the plants look happy as a clam

3 Likes

honestly with the space/wattage i have and the small number of plants, i am shooting for 4oz+ per plant. we shall see

3 Likes

Hello new member here this post just caught my eye as this being my first time on this site. I have been smoking marijuana for years now, but I don’t know anything about growing. I recently made the decision to quit the matrix and get paid to do something that I love. Seeing your journey got me excited as I was looking into all the progress you made. You did a great job in showcasing what you knew and being open to feedback. Will be revisiting and seeing your progress. If there’s any books you would recommend for me to get to start off with let me know. Sending Peace and blessings your way.

4 Likes

@@E.H.O.K.D.888 welcome to the forum. This book is one of my favorites and welcome to the forum! :wave:

7 Likes

Thank you for your help. I’m glad to be here

3 Likes

Nice to have ya along. Pull up a chair and smart phone. If you need to get someone’s attention put the @ in front of the name of the person you want to notify.

5 Likes

hello deonte, best of luck to you in your new ventures! thanks for checking in and don’t hesitate to ask any questions. i think the book prebird recommended is probably very good - he is an experienced grower and this is only my first try at it, so i am learning with you. i learned a lot watching the vidoes from buildasoil on youtube - they are very wholistic in their approach and i like how he wasn’t afraid to get in and get his hands dirty. best of luck to ya!!!

3 Likes

I’m thinking of ordering a couch. I plan to be here for a while. I happened to find a community that I can see and feel the support from one another. Very wholesome and funny,

5 Likes

I will definitely check out buildasoil. I downloaded that book and made it to page 9 whilst taking notes and doing multiple read-overs. I’m pacing myself so I have enough time to digest the information. Also, I’m doing all this at work to, so I feel as if I’m getting paid to learn.I want to commend you on the courage you displayed by going after it in the first place. I felt like I would have to learn everything by myself, but now I know that there are people just like me. Along with the experts that’s been doing this for years to help us.

3 Likes