My first grow! the adventure begins

pull up a couch E.H, we can watch these babies grow together

always a pleasure to open the tent(s) up and see them reaching for the sky. i think i need to trim some bottom layer larf type stuff, and generally just clean up the bottom of the plants. if you look close at some of the pics you can also see the tips are burned - i only added nutes at 1/4 strength but the soil i have them in is still too hot and it gave them slight burn. hopefully that tapers off in the next day or two as i really do not like to see it spread. will be using only pH filtered water for the next few waterings and go from there.

here they are today though, looking majestic:

IMG_2445

IMG_2446

IMG_2456

IMG_2458

the two strains are OG and Alien :alien: and i’m finally starting to see some clear genetic differences. neat stuff

4 Likes

wondering if this is cause for concern? some of the leaves were much yellower and dead but i had already pulled those off. mostly from the bottom but these are near the top now too. yikes

1 Like

2 Likes

anyone know what’s wrong with this plant? i think i know but would like to double check

2 Likes

i just posted my leaves! i am sure its nute lockout from my ph being out of whack. i flushed them with sledge hammer and will do better next water and feed. what do you think yours is?

2 Likes

pptrasha i think mine was an overall nutrient deficiency where the plant began eating fan leaves in order to keep up bud production. i added several doses of nutrients and they have made a strong recovery. these leaves wont ever make it back and it’s definitely going to affect my overall yield but they really look and smell nice, and many of the plants under this regimen are going to produce huge. i was gone for ten days on vacation so i was ecstatic to come back and see them like this

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

sorry for posting this way, for some reason my phone will only allow me to post two pics at a time or the site crashes on me

really pleased so far though, especially with being gone while i started them on a new nutrient regimen! so awesome!!

4 Likes

Great journal you have here. The photo documentation is killer. Nice job, on the plants and the journal. You should be proud…:+1:t3:

4 Likes

thanks a lot, i appreciate the kind words. yeah i just wanted to have a nice documentary of everything that happened, good or bad, throughout the grow so that i could look back and make the necessary adjustments moving forward. being the first time i figured there would be so much to learn that this would be a good place to keep track of all the information coming in. luckily i’ve been able to document mostly good things :yum:

one thing i’m buying today is a ppm meter because i keep getting different opinions on whether my burned looking plants are under or over nuted. i personally think it’s too little nutrients as i’ve never once given these plants a full feeding yet, but the soil i transplanted into may have been so rich that it did in fact burn them. so that will be a nice addition.

it also could have been the shitty pH pen that i had before this week. it was testing all over the place in the same bucket of water so i ditched it and bought a much nicer one. can’t be havin lockout or any of the other issues that come with improper pH

cheers!

3 Likes

What kind of meter did you wind up with?

1 Like

going to go with one of these two, still reading up on them

slightly bummed as i spent $90 on my new pH pen but it doesnt do ppm so gotta make the adjustment. i’ll prolly still use the nice one to measure pH though…cause ya get what ya pay for ya know?

3 Likes

I have a Apria one, I also have a Apria that does PH/PPM. The one I use most often is the latter one. I use the other one to check this one every once in a while. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

put the flash on so we can see the actual colors better

2 Likes

it’s weird to say this but i’ve never even seen these plants under normal light until last night. i snapped some pics and man do they look sweet. everyone is super healthy and just looking to finish strong. i’m only going to do a couple day flush bc everything i’ve used is organic and super clean, so i want to get as much bulk as possible before chopping them down. other than that i’m just impressed with nature and kind of awe struck.

3 Likes

4 Likes

they are just so dang beautiful! :100: :100: :100:

3 Likes

couple of notes for improving on this grow next round:

1. need to scrog them sooner if that’s the technique i’m using. got it on too late in two of the tents and i believe this will negatively impact yield a bit

2. make 100% certain pH is correct at all times. bought a new, nice pen for this recently. i had some issues that they never seemed to quite recover from directly (i believe) related to pH imbalance

3. get nutrients dialed in better and in a more organized way. i either over or under nuted them at some point early in flower and its been super frustrating not knowing which so that i can remedy the issue

4. take clones and get on a cycle immediately - i tried but mine didnt root so will do a better job of this next go around

5. use 5 gallon mesh bags for all plants - all the ones i had in plastic pots got burned or are yielding lower. many possible reasons for this but want to eliminate that factor immediately

6. look into other light technology for the future (still LED for sure but interested in other brands/lights). these blackdogs have been amazing but growers far more knowledgable than me say there are many better options that are cheaper so definitely worth looking into

7. overall incredibly fun and rewarding, looking forward to getting better and better at this fine hobby

3 Likes