My first harvest

But all in all I trimmed a bit too much and pulled it too early :frowning_face: The next three plants are going to be right on. Still using FOOP very good nutrients.

Thank you all and sorry I was a bit bitchy I guess I am just an old drama queen :innocent:

3 Likes

i just read this. this is a journal. you did it. if you take a seed to harvest you ARE a grower! doesnt matter if you got a gram or a pound, you did it! you even started thinking about what you could have done better. i killed my first attempt in 7 days. i am in that old group that no one thought i could grow. go get em! congrats on your first harvest!

4 Likes

Don’t listen to what people say to put you down man. We all have to start somewhere and your bud looks awesome for your first… Looks better then my first… Keep up the awesome job!

2 Likes

And its waaaay better than my first harvest! It looks :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I will say one thing, this Granddaddy Purple gets you into ORBIT. Oh my it hits like a freight train, very nice and relaxing. NEWay perhaps this is more of a journal.

Should I move this conversation to a journal perhaps?

3 Likes

This can be your journal now. When you start your next grow, just start documenting all your stuff and posting your new pics here.

You can edit the name of this journal if you wanted to, and I think @chrisj or @Slym3r can move it to another category if you asked.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I love me some purps. My Wash clones are suspected to be from GDP seeds (from my buddy that gave them to me), but its anyone’s guess. The purple is really showing now in week six of flower. I’ll tag you tomorrow in that journal tomorrow when I post an update.

2 Likes

Welcome and a BIG Congratulations.
Great looking bud, and nothing like proving yourself right when everyone else is wrong.
:fist:

3 Likes

You think this is ready to harvest or wait a bit longer?
They are mostly all milky white but no real amber I think maybe a few more days? What say you all???

3 Likes

I’d personally wait for the amber.

3 Likes

I agree completely. Maybe at least 2 or 3 more days or maybe even this weekend.

1 Like

@littlegrow - nice 1st harvest in 20 years!! That bud was huge!!
As for the trichomes. You’re right on about them being cloudy. I saw no clear ambering. My advice, if it’s sativa-pull it and you’ll have more of a head high. If it’s indica-wait for at least 25-33% ambering and then pull.

Funny you had mentioned Foop. I was just looking into their line. Have you used their root starter by chance?

1 Like

I have not used the root starter. The problem with FOOP is you have to use a lot of it and I am not as enthusiastic about it as I was at first. This is my second plant and I have 3 more growing. I am just waiting for this one to get good and ripe. It is Granddaddy purple so mostly Indica. I grow only Indica or mostly Indica strains.

2 Likes

This is what my Do-Si-Do looked like before getting 60hrs darkness…

They (Do-Si-Do & Platinum OG) both came out of the darkness soooo sticky. Just brushed one and my hand smelled so dank! Can hardly wait!

4 Likes

My 1st harvest, 6/19/21 Dream Queen. Burping them beautiful smelling buds (while sampling along the way).

6 Likes

Very nice looks excellent

2 Likes

So my three current plants were looking not as good as I’d like. Some issues with curling leaves and a bit pale. Soooo I decided to try something. I started using Jack’s (used to be Peters back in the day) Original 20-20-20 and the Blossom Booster 10-30-20. This stuff has been around a LONG time and is one of the originals before all the special multi-hundred dollar cannabis ferts came along.

Well anyway I started using it a week or so ago and BANG the plants have greened up and are looking EXCELLENT. They are growing like crazy and the flowering one is now looking so much better after using the Blossom Booster. I have been told and have seen so much saying you can’t use Jack’s on marijuana, well WRONG and I have seen the proof it is EXCELLENT. I used it 30 years ago on cannabis and it worked perfectly and I am using it now.

4 Likes

N-P-K has not changed in 30 years!!

Each grower will find what works for them and that’s great! It is incredible what psychadelic packaging and ‘killer’ names can do to the price of NPK!!

7 Likes