My First Online Grow Journal

Thanks @aaa

5 Likes

Does anyone know what is up with these leafs. It’s only happening to the Blueberry. They have the same soil, nutrients and everything else as the White Widow x Cheese and Charlotte’s Web.

Can’t seem to find matching results on Google.

6 Likes

They are mutated. It’s genetic. If the plant is healthy and vigorous it will start to have a more normal growth pattern as it matures.

4 Likes

Healthy and all. But why the mutation only on the Blueberry? What causes it and why? All 6 are doing well with regrowth after the topping and transplant. The 1 Blueberry started before the topping and transplant. The 2nd one started after the topping and transplant.

3 Likes

It’s like asking why was my son born with blue eyes?

The genes are in there. Sometimes a mutation can be good, sometimes bad.

5 Likes

Myself and my youngest boy (6) has Blue eyes :joy:
All good @aaa, lets see what happens. Good or Bad…

Update:
Found more fungi the morning after the big rainfall we had last night.

We had some nice sunshine today and the plants loved it.

Everything else looks fine and all plants happy.

7 Likes

@deusoboy420

1 Like

1st training session before I top again.
Not all of them got trained and some got trained more then others, depending on the branch length.
Before topping.

I trained them with Garden wire and help of a screwdriver (to make hole in my buckets).

Blueberry

Only one got wired.

White Widow x Cheese

Both got wired.

Charlotte’s Web

Both got wired.

Everybody Together.

They are enjoying the sunshine.

5 Likes

I’ve given the babies another tightening of the wires this morning. They have recovered nicely after yesterday’s first training session.

4 Likes

I have decided to go with a little bit of super cropping. I pinched and rolled the two main stems at the top. Only 5 out of the 6 plants got super cropped. The 1 Blueberry is smaller then the rest and still has short stems. I don’t want to stress it out now. Maybe in a weeks time I can start it’s training. Will upload foto’s tomorrow after 1st Day of work for 2020.

1 Like

Update this morning after yesterday’s super cropping.
I had to repinch some of them a bit more.

5 Likes

Update:
Gave all my plant some tea today.

The Mix:
Kelp meal
Worm tea
Fulvic Acid
Insect Frass
Molasses
ExploGrow
Oats

When I was feeding them. I checked these Happy roots.

After the feeding, I trained the plants some more.

6 Likes

Just a Poll to see the Number of Different Types of Medium Users. Up to 2 choices.

• Outdoor Soil
  • Super Soil
  • Living Soil
  • Hydro (DWC, ect…)
  • Aerophonics

0 voters

1 Like

Update:
It’s been raining on and off, this last week, so the soil stays wet. So I decided to give them a Foliar Hormone Spray.

Tiggy my boy, he follows me around like a dog.
Love my boy (hand reared from 3 days old, turning 3 years old now the 11th of January)

I rotated them around a bit. My garden gets weird light because of the location and the surrounding buildings and plants (trees).
So I will have to move them around week after week just to help them all get good sunlight. That is the reason for the car windscreen reflectors on the sides of my grow area. It’s to help with light penetration, depending on the angle of the sun during the day.

They are all growing nice and uniformly.

Everybody Chilling Together

8 Likes

Update:
I gave them a bit more training today and moved some of the garden wires up.

I also trained the 2nd Blueberry that hasn’t received any training or super cropping yet.

:disappointed_relieved: RIP to my trusty pruning scissors. My youngest son tried using it to cut a palm tree seed. Broke the blade.

7 Likes

Man, great garden. I only dream of growing outdoors. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Your plants look great! I like how you opened up the airflow to your root zone with the holes in your buckets. Good idea!! How is your blueberry plant doing with the mutations?

4 Likes

Thanks @Bigred
Keep in touch

3 Likes

Thanks @Tygrow78
The holes are a inspiration from those air pots, with all the cone holes. They are basically impossible to find here at Nuseries. And my aunt works at a nursery. The people in SA hasn’t really caught up to all the US, Canada ect… grow technology. I don’t buy online, don’t trust the internet with my money info. So I build my own, just bigger holes and less on the side. You must see the earthworms also enjoy the holes. I take off worm poo everyday, that the worms push out (I will post a pic in the morning) and the recycle it back to the top of the pot.
The Blueberry still has a slight mutation, but looks like it’s passing. Pic in the morning.

2 Likes