My First Online Grow Journal

I totally feel ya on the internet thing. I hate the fact I have to use Amazon for some purchases. I live in a little place out in the middle of nowhere and the closest town has a nursery and hydro supply store but they don’t have much of a selection. I can never find what I need.

3 Likes

He learned a valuable lesson…lol…

2 Likes

Just wish his ears would work as good as his brain. But damm he is clever for his age(6). I LOVE MY BOYS

2 Likes

Morning Update as Promised @Tygrow78

Happy roots with fungi covering it. WoW

Mutation Blueberry

Worm Castings from my pots.

5 Likes

cool stuff I am excited to follow your adventure!

4 Likes

Update:
I started my day by cleaning and fixing up my wormery.
It became dry inside the soil, so the worms wasn’t very happy. Grey mold started on top aswell. I had to clean out all the old stuff on top and to rehydrate the soil.

Freshly loaded with new fresh food.

Worm coming up to check out the new food.

Tightened the garden wires again, took some fan leaves off some plants to get light into the bottom grow sites.

Some nice and green grow sites.

Everybody Together

6 Likes

Looking good doc!

4 Likes

Thanks @aaa I’m just have a problem with good sunlight. We have had alot of rain and cloudy days. But this journal is only 2 weeks old. Autumn starts at March. But the plants are doing well. Just the wet soil worrying me. It’s not getting time to dry enough, before it starts to rain again or having a cloudy humid day. Sunshine is in short supply at this moment.
But from what I can calculate by the eye, is that these plant are going to fill my grow area quite good, might have a height problem with my shade netting being fixed at the moment.

5 Likes

Update:
Yesterday we had a very nice day, full of sunshine. The rain caused some problems. Purple started on the some stems, faded matt looking leaves and yellowing around some grow sites.

I also found 2 grow sites with dead leaves on.

The Blueberry that struggled, is coming back with a vengeance since the first training session.

Today is going to be Hot (31’C) again and full of sunshine.

7 Likes

Looking very good.

5 Likes

O and before I forgot to mention, I added about 200 extra red wriggler to my womery.
I also forgot to mention this morning. Some of the plants got some more Supper Cropping. Just to make the stems stronger and to keep the plant low.

6 Likes

Update:
I gave the babies a light defoliation just to get some leafs out of the way of grow sites and some for air circulation at the bottom. I moved them around again, so that they all can get some better sunlight.

White Widow x Cheese

Charlotte’s Web

Blueberry

Check how bright green the White Widow x Cheese (on the right) is compared to the rest that is all evenly lush and green.

Everybody Chilling Together

Heavy rain is predicted again from tomorrow (Saturday) to Monday.

5 Likes

Grow Area Upgrade:
So I got busy in the garden this morning and decided to give the area a upgrade due to my morning light coming in so late because of my location and trees around my yard. So I added 2 pallets upright against the morning sunlight facing wall. And added window reflectors down the length of the pallets.

So my 3 sun receiving sides of the grow area has reflectors on now. It helps alot getting sunlight into my garden.

I still want to fill the bottom part of the pallet with a reflector. I still need to buy one more reflector to complete it.

I also found some more mushrooms in my garden today.

This one grew out of the side of my bucket.

I have also added a thick plastic cover to close the plants at night and to keep rain out, if need be. But it blocks out light, so I can’t cover the plants in the day, even it it rains (like today). But it can keep night rain out. It will help my pots to dry, and not to be soaked with water all the time, especially when it rains for so long, day and night.
So if you look at the right of the foto, where the shade net connects with the pallet. You will see a grey roll on top of the net. (Will post foto’s when I close it tonight)

Then again all the babies growing ahead.

We had light rain most of the day. Still cloudy and more rain predicted till monday.

5 Likes

Looking good, nice addition with the reflective and rain protection. I have issues with caterpillars, do you get them?

3 Likes

Thanks @aaa
No I have not personally found any in my garden. I have paving (bricks) at the bottom. So putting poisons down for slugs, snails and ants ect… is easy. My pots never meets the paving. So the poison and bugs doesn’t bother my plants. Except if they fly in or get around my defences.

4 Likes

Or if the RAIN washes away my defences.

4 Likes

The caterpillars are brought in by moths. They lay their eggs under the leaves and the caterpillars burrow into the stems and eat the buds from the inside out.

If you see any moths, be careful.

3 Likes

I’m in my garden alot. I always remove any bugs I find on the plants. But I can’t always be there. So if something chows on my plants, I can’t do anything. But Thanks for the headsup. But luckily no moths or eggs om my plants yet. Just some Aphids, coming from the Parsley in the garden. Nothing to bad. I do treat every week. But with the rain, it doesn’t help much. I’m planning on removing the parsley completely from the garden. But it’s one of my boys, herbs. So still planning on how to explain the removal of his plants.

2 Likes

So I tried to take a nice foto. But it’s difficult, I went out to late.

With flash.

Love My Coffee Mug

2 Likes

Have any of you guys ever seen or tried this method?
Or even better, have any experience with this?

2 Likes