My weed is 61% RH in the mason jars will this mold?

okay guys so i have been drying my herb for quite a while know and i finally feel like it was ready for the masons, with the jars closed for a full 24 hours the RH within the mason jars is 61.0%
i am not using any type of humidity packs or anything just the weed in the masons,

will my herb mold on me if i keep them inside of the mason jars at this RH?

please help :frowning:

7 Likes

It’s perfect!

Some like 58, some higher, like me, I like 62%. I reckon that holds the terpenes better. Never had any issues at 62, 63 even.

8 Likes

thank you so much i was so stressed out you put my mind at ease :slight_smile:
i grew some killer bud this run using reptile UVB lights and good genetics :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I prefer mine at 62-63

9 Likes

you rock thank you so much! my buds were stable at 62% but i burped the jars for 31min know theyre stable at 61% do you think i should burp again? or leave them b?

10 Likes

It’s a matter of choice do you like you stuff a little dryr or moister Just don’t go below 58 that will stop the cure and it is what it is
I’d leave it

10 Likes

I try and leave mine between 62 and 65 also. I press most my stuff I consume so a little higher rh give a better return when extracting. If u r just smoking flower prolly a little better in the lower levels.of.rh as it will s.oke a little better but everyone likes things different. As long as it is between 5íish and 63ish u shouldn’t have any mold issues unless it’s in a warmer room keep jars in a dry dark place with least amount of heat. Also .make sure u open jars atleast once or twice a day for a bit each open to let the gasses exchange otherwise u may end up with a really strong smelling plant that’s not the smell u really want. Kinda chloraphylly I guess it could be from the conversion gasses that get expelled while converting

7 Likes