My wife has a question for you all😂

Hello again.

So a month ago, i posted asking about a grow setup. I also posted that the wife stated no and wants to see how my grow goes this summer (not well so far as i have lost 2 seedlings already and only 2 out of the 14 i planted came up). So i have not let up with the indoor setup talk.

I think I have her on the ropes though, because she posed a question.

IF she gives me the green light, she wants to know if she can grow 1 tomato plant and 1 cucumber plant in the tent over the winter while i have my winter grow going.

Is that possible? I told her i didnt know and would ask the experts here. I know cucumbers are viney and would need a trellis, but would these 2 plants affect my cannabis grow in any way?

Now, that being said, i could propose that i get a cheaper smaller 2x2 setup for her specifically (vivisun comes to mind) while my babies are in the 4x4 ac infinity pro setup.

Thoughts?

7 Likes

I haven’t grown cucumbers in a tent, but I have grown tomatoes in a tent. I have also grown roses in a tent. I think the 2x2 or a 3x3 setup would workout good for her in case the light cycles are different for what she plans to grow indoors.

6 Likes

@schweddybawlz i havnt grown cukes yet but have tomato cat nip basil and other leafy type veggies in the spare bathroom. Tomatoes are almost exact of a pot plant different fruits tho. Get her to let u if ur gonna do all that tho cukes may require like a lattice wall on one end of the tent and may not get a ton as light inside is not as powerful as out but im sure u can get nice cukes inside we have krovers which gets all their produce from local farms yesr round and we always have cukes available and have horrid winters so i assume it is def possible. Hos and mh would prolly do way better for tomatoes and cukes as it is more of a sun like spectrum over led but for the slight difderwnces i seen betweeen the 2 types are mi imal and led saves a ton on electricity use so may lose a little off the product return end but def gonna save a ton in light utility cost. Lol. Do it do it

6 Likes

hey @schweddybawlz

Your wife is great, but she is putting you to the test. I think skip the cucumbers and look at something easier like baby spinach or herbs like parsley that can be useful in cooking and add value to your home. Tomatoes are also fairly easy to grow and also can be good practise for cannabis growing as they both have similar growing needs.

Keep us updated. We love growing anything and would love to share your journey to growing some homegrown cannabis.

2 Likes

Here in Michigan I grow cucumbers outdoors and have lots of issues with downy mildew. So I would caution the cucumbers inside in a tent unless you get a disease resistant strain. Johny seed company has a great strain.

3 Likes