Mycorrhizae and Root Growth Practices

Hi Everyone,
When it comes to root zone development what is your favorite techniques and products? Do you prefer to do a one time root zone inoculation or multiple dosages over the plants life time? Is your product preference varied in different soil mediums or growing systems?

4 Likes

At GrowoniX we use a recirculating nutrient delivery method with customized amendments to aid in the development of healthy root zone biologicals for rockwool.

5 Likes

Hi @JoeGrow thanks for the response!
Out of curiosity are you currently using a Mycorrhizae product i.e. Great White, Mykos, etc. and since you are using a recirculating system is it added during each feeding?

1 Like

HI @BrendanW,

Yes, that is definitely one of the amendments. With recirculating, a new batch of nutrients is mixed at the beginning of the feed-schedule week and recirculated back to the tank during delivery.

That’s where the magic happens as it pulls something from the rhizosphere and develops in the tank. Dense foam is a primary indication of enzymatic development.

3 Likes

soil drench rkag sweet synergy and khelated kelp bi weekly with volcanic ash. more roots more shoots.

2 Likes

AMF Glomus intraradices and Mossae take 6 to 8 weeks io colonize to any level of effectiveness and will perform much better in any soil blend over any other medium. They also need a place to survive, such as biochar cut to 3mm. Only it this time will ne get the true benefits. I recommend it for full term outdoor and depos wherein you can re use the soil. It will hit optimum performance on your third run. In my opinion, the best that i have found is MycoApply Ultra Fine, it has all the endos, ectos, as well as bacillus and trichderma.

5 Likes

catalysts for root formation… Easy 123 recipe. In hydro a liquid Mycho is Plus C or Photosynthesis plus outside of Ca. Then you need some vitamin B, Kelp, Fulvic acid, Phosporus, and a root accelorator.
Like.
Growmore kelp ( less than suggested usage )
add Fulvic acid ( ful power ) at a 2.5:1 ratio to the kelp
Superthrive
K-L-N from Dyna- Gro
1/32 tsp per g pure phosphorus
1 oz per gallon Plus C or another Mycho etc
seprerate they are ok together they are a catalyst for root explosion the kelp has the hormones the other stuff turbo charges it.
Have fun.

5 Likes

I personally do a one time inoculation of the root-zone during transplant and then will periodically add small doses to my nutrients. I think the important factor to take into consideration is how often do you flush. If you flush every week with products like clearex, or UC roots unfortunately you will kill the mycorrhizae are putting in . I have found that using Hygrozyme actually keeps them alive and feeds them so I use that for my flush, I also found this keeps the dead root material to a minimum.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a microbial inoculant for roots which is registered in Canada too like under CFIA.

2 Likes

Brendan,
We at KSG have had great success with our water treatment product Oxine WT. Check out our website, cannabis section and click on the new testimonial from @Farmer_Dan… talk about root zone development.

thanks much,
Tom KSG
www.ksg-corp.com

3 Likes

I ise mycorr on soil and my cuttings. i use a five species blend. works amazing. and massive roots.

2 Likes

Low rates constant feed. Microbes need sugars and oxygen. Innoculants work but will lose steam. The balance in the overall product is where you see the biggest root systems , oxygen as well . From my research. I built microbial magic a product of mine for this entire processes. I work with “pure cultured” cry families . Binding each family together but seperatly to enhance overall effeciecy and metabolic growth.

Flag Canna Innoculants

Microbial magic liquid concentrate
Sweet synergy WSP
Lock smith 0-0-5

Contact me further for details
2 solid years of research
Made in the USA

Royal knight ag llc

1 Like

Hey ralpht. Hook a dude up with some crobes. Let try your product.

2 Likes

hey sorry man haven’t checked !!! I will.
Send me your address and watering practices . Thats awesome !

1 Like

thomas mlinek

332 north orange dr

LA Ca. 90036

i water by hand, couple times a week in my flower room. about once a week in veg rooms

:astonished:

2 Likes

Okay . I can send wsp “pure culture “ microbes
You can add a teaspoon per 3 gallon of soil hand water in

1 Like

Rooting Practice: Microdosing with dropper .25 inches from the edge of the container

Great White Amended media,
Hygrozyme,
Superthrive,
Willow/Alfalfa extract
Atami Rootbastic,
More Great white mixed

Rapid Start By GeneralHydroponics is a great product as well if not using Atami

3 Likes

Those are some great looking roots!

3 Likes

thank you that was in one of my aero gardens with General Hydroponics full lineup.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for supporting Hygrozyme!

2 Likes