Mylar resealable bags?

Anyone use these for storage?

I have always used mason jars previously, but always interested in new technology 1 or 2 gallon size is what I’m thinking about.

thanks!!

3 Likes

Grove bags work excellent. Definitely worth buying.

11 Likes

The Mylar bags off Amazon, work far better than ziplocs…BUT they still loose moisture over time. If you want long term storage glass or one of the fancy SS canistors would be the way to go.

Marty

4 Likes

I absolutely love Grove bags for long term storage. Harvested my outdoor in mid October and it was still at 62% rh in the Grove bag last week.

7 Likes

Just ordered some Grove bags… thanks guys!

5 Likes

That’s what I use

I doy curing right in them as soon as there dry I put a boveda pack right in there and close it for 2 weeks it’s changed my curing so much and comes out so much beter

3 Likes

As long as you keep them closed I haven’t had to add a Boveda. Great for storage. No more spinning Twenty20 jars and burping.

3 Likes

I just bought a 4pack of the one oz Grove Bags off Amazon to try. Previously, I’ve always used brown paper bags then into mason jars and more recently right into mason jars with 62%rh Bovida packs. I can’t wait to see whether the Bovida packs or Grove bags work better for curing. Im doing a side by side right now with sone NL I recently finished drying. I’ll let you guys know how it turns out.

3 Likes

Ur making me wanna try it with out a moisture pack but I do the full lbs is what I do as well ? I’d hate to fuck up a pound trying sutin new

Also agree with grove bags, lots of licensed facilities here using them. Check out growershouse.com for a range of sizes and good prices.

So you dry them to what RH? Then into the Grove and with a Boveda for two weeks? I just tried the paper grocery bags and really like how it turned out.

Marty

My good moisture probe is at my brother’s so I jus been doing it by the way it feels and sounds but I dry them in a rack in a closet and I usually keep it at like 45 to 50 % moisture in the closet w a humidifier and fan for about 5 or 6 days then I do full lbs I know grove makes all sizes but I us a 67 boveda pack and jus let it sit for 2 weeks and it’s perfect

1 Like

Like better than any cure I have done in jars

They have terp lock technology , mold prevention and weight retention there pretty bad ass

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, might try one bag this grow and do my paper bags at the same time and see if there is a difference. Always open to something new.

Marty

IV done paper bags as well and it works good as well I do my tomatoes like that still but if your looking for the type of set t and forget it the grove is the way to go

3 Likes

Reasealable Mylar bags are a type of packaging commonly used for storing and preserving various items, particularly food products, pharmaceuticals, and other perishable goods. Mylar is a brand name for a type of polyester film known for its durability, flexibility, and resistance to moisture and oxygen. These bags are designed with a resealable closure feature, usually in the form of a zipper or a heat-sealed top, allowing consumers to open and close the packaging multiple times while maintaining the freshness and integrity of the contents.

The resealable feature of Mylar bags makes them convenient for consumers who want to access the contents in portions without compromising the quality of the remaining product. This is particularly useful for items like snacks, coffee, or dried fruits where maintaining freshness is crucial.

Child-resistant packaging, on the other hand, is a type of packaging specifically designed to prevent children from easily accessing potentially harmful substances such as medications, cleaning products, or certain types of edibles. The goal is to reduce the risk of accidental ingestion or exposure to these substances by incorporating safety features that are difficult for children to open or bypass.

Child-resistant packaging typically includes mechanisms such as push-and-turn caps, squeeze-and-turn caps, blister packs, or other locking mechanisms that require a certain level of dexterity and strength to open. These designs aim to create a barrier for children while still allowing adults to access the contents with relative ease.

Both resealable Mylar bags and child-resistant packaging address different aspects of consumer needs. While resealable Mylar bags focus on preserving freshness and allowing convenient access to the contents, child resistant packaging prioritizes the safety of households with young children by making it more challenging for them to open potentially harmful items. Depending on the product and target audience, manufacturers may choose to incorporate one or both of these features into their packaging design to enhance functionality and safety.