Mystery clone - Phinest grow off

Hi everyone :alien:

I bought this a couple days ago for fun. They’re doing a grow off with a mystery strain that won’t be revealed until the awards night many months from now. You gotta pay a small fee to enter and pay for your lab testing at the end. Not sure Im gonna do all that but I thought it’ll be fun to tag along. I had this delivered so didn’t get to check the roots before paying the $30 for it. Wasn’t the strongest looking gal but I’ll take good care of her.

You’re not supposed to make any clones for a year or something.

:ninja:

10 Likes

Phinest is based somewhere up In Sacramento. Maybe @TheMadFlascher knows a guy, who knows a guy and we can find out what the strain is :thinking:

8 Likes

Phylos used to do genetic testing/mapping, it looks like there more into breeding now which is a little funny because I remember them saying they weren’t going to use everyone’s genetic information they gathered for their own breeding.

Edit: they don’t do testing anymore only breeding from what I can see. “Discontinuation of the Phylos Plant Sex Test and Genotype Test”

I’m blown away that they stopped testing to focus on breeding which they promised all of their testing customers they wouldn’t do. I guess they got enough genetic info to do their own thing now. They said it’s because not enough people are doing gender testing with the rise of fem seeds and COVID hurt them so switched business models.

7 Likes

Got the mystery clone repotted… check out those roots. Not bad for 2 weeks

8 Likes

Looknig great @Maz , did you add root inoculant to to your clones?

6 Likes

Yes I did but I don’t recall the name of what I use. Got a big bag at a bulk rate from a grow shop and it’s lasted me like 2+ years. Myco something or other Mykos maybe. Anyway I use it in all my plants and add more at each repot :+1:t4:

I’m almost out it’s gonna be time to buy more. What’s everyone using these days? Great white still a good one? I’ll do a search and buy something on Amazon probably. I know there’s a bunch that probably do about the same thing.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Sounds more like they stole the business model! Thiefs see i knew that was a bad idea. Once they have the genes they can copy them. Genotype testing is basically reading the dna and its gets catalogued.

4 Likes

I love great white and dynomyco
https://www.dynomyco.com/

6 Likes

The mystery clone is gonna be a tall lanky one. It has similar growth patterns to the wedding cake cross I just gave away. It’s just not gonna be a good fit for the tent. Too tall and stretchy. It has actually caught up to the other in height already.

6 Likes

Can you manifold it? Or is that outside the parameters of the contests.

5 Likes