Nacho151 Growbucket OC/GG#4 Dakine BBP Grow

@sssportsmfg here is a copy of AC Infinity’s Par chart to compare with what I got with a smartphone and the Beta Photone App.

3 Likes

Thanks Hap much appreciated !!

3 Likes

Looks like it’s gonna be a real nice light Nacho ! Didn’t you say they used the 301H samsung chip in it? They list it on their site as the older B series of chip.

Marty

5 Likes

It shows 301H on their website now, and the instruction book says 301H.

6 Likes

The Cat at the ethos booth that set me up with Early Lemon Berry, said “Dude you better reverse these and save seeds, they’re discontinued.” You might consider the same if thats a strain you really like.

6 Likes

@sssportsmfg Yep seed preservation.!!! Thats why i do what i do. I preserve, but i also make new strains at the same time. Since i have 26 living strains on hand. i could breed all day long. But who has time to test that many crosses out. And then your just pollen chucking and not testing F1’s they could be crappy plants. Ive seen it before where a plant has it all but a weak high. Or other problems. I try and test my own strains myself before anybody else gets them. This is why i have a team of trusted testers on my side testing for me. But little do they all know i almost always test in house before i send seeds out for them to test. And thats another reason i make femmanized seeds. And keep my regs for further work. Fems are good to go. Regs take more work then they get reversed.

10 Likes

Just look at the male in that picture. It’s a beast. What strains you got in there?

6 Likes

Lavender
The worst is gimmie keppie itisss. Its where i want to keep every flower. Smoke every bud and strain and never ever lose anything. It started my quest to keep what i like around…so started making seeds and keeping what i love and im working on letting go of more. Need to evolve and stop gimmie gimmie-itis and keepie keepie-itis. Its like hoarding on a different level. ?? Talking to friends of mine and they understand because they did it to themselves. Its helpful to realize you have a problem and see it from fresh eyes. Hahaha yep im crazy as F#$@ crazy for cannabis

8 Likes

Send off some unrooted cuts to one of your tester network, let someone else tend to them for a while. If its that good, they too will keep a mother around for a while and you might be able to get a cut in return at a later time. Thinking out loud.

Like the hoarder mentality (OCD-attachment to inanimate), they feel better about letting something go, if they can give it to someone else - even if that person then throws it away. My mom is this way, I take boxes of crap from her every visit and stop at the first dumpster to unload.

4 Likes

Ok, Dog now I have to show how dumb I am…how do yo reverse a Fem strain? The OKC are fems. Thought you wern’t supposed to make pollen on a Fem and then use it to make seed from the same strain of Fem plant? I have never done any breeding, so am pretty stupid about that end of things.

Marty

5 Likes

Hummm…I was looking at their bigger lights and they still list them as the B chip. Can’t imagine a brand new light just hitting the market using the older chips. Not that they don’t work just fine, I have the SF 4000 with the B series and it is a real good light. Just a little to small of coverage for my new tent. Just looked at their 4x4 light yesterday and they listed it as the B.

Marty

4 Likes

I noticed that yesterday while looking at their new Ionboards. Hopefully they will upgrade to all 301H diodes. I am thinking after playing with the T-22 all afternoon yesterday that I want to try the T-44 when it comes out depending on the price. I am going to set aside some funds to get at least 1 of them if they can keep it under $500.

4 Likes

You know really is there any real difference in the B and the H other than the H is newer? I’m gonna go see if I can find some graphs on both of them and see if there is any real difference in light output. Surely there is either a better current/output or spectrum difference.

Marty

5 Likes

This is more of a @PreyBird1 question on the stability of resulting genetics.

I’ve done this before, I’ll simplify it and I may have done it wrong but it produced seed that I grew without herms that I recall (so anyone please correct if I am providing bad info) but here ya go: Start 2 individuals, grow these plants out so you get and idea of geno/phenos, veg your cuttings (1 for reversing, one for pollinating), don’t want to pollinate with itself to minimize % of herm (don’t know this is fact). Grow cuttings to decent size to support seeding, flip light till flower starts, remove one from tent spray repeatedly until male presents, collect your pollen, bag and tag the male. Pollinate the other plant or just selective flowers with a Qtip or puffer bulb and wait. Its time consuming, thats 2 grow cycles, If you had known plants you wanted to save and cuttings you could shortcut some time. I take cuttings on every plant I grow, just in case you get that “Whoa! variant” you want to run an entire tent of sog cuts.

I tried to condense my propensity to wordiness as much as possible.

5 Likes

A friend of mine doing commercial grows out in California told me the 301B are about the same as 301H, however the 301H is made specifically for horticulture. The only way to see if it’s true would be to PAR test them and do a comparison.

5 Likes

Your friend is 100% correct, look at this article on both. It amounts to a better effeciency…but ONLY if you use sorted chips, the H is basically a coating for resistence to horticulture chemicals. Now they are coming out with a EVO version, but again it is still the LM301 chip just modified, this site also sells modules of the new EVO which contains three types of chips to enhance the output of the modules. Quite interesting read. Here is the link The DIY crowd should love this @PreyBird1

Marty

5 Likes

Great article!

5 Likes

LOL yeah I don’t even try anymore lol…but yeah I get it, pretty simple, just don’t pollenate the one you treat with collodial silver, do another one, treat the one you don’t like as much with the silver because the pollenated female will carry 80% of the resulting traits you want. Question is will they be a weakened strain coming from Fems? @PreyBird1

Marty

4 Likes

I have a friend in TN that has most of my work living in his master veg room. We share things. I have some rare stuff of his i dont share and i cant tell you what it is but its from afganistan in 2003.

6 Likes

Well at least one GG#4 is doing good. The other GG#4 was just pronounced dead as well as the orange crush. I have another Orange Crush under the dome that should be ready for soil in a day or 2. None of my Chocolope seeds have popped, (glad they were freebies)! I’m going to pop another GG#4, Orange Crush and Cherry Gar See Ya in the morning! I have some more Freebie Chocolope seed coming in next week so I’ll try again next grow. Here is a picture of the surviving GG#4. @TheMadFlascher this GG#4 gets it’s first dose of BBP on the 5th of February.

9 Likes