Need all your tips and tricks with keeping cool!

How do I keep my 4x4 grow tent with 600w hps cool. I am having a hard time getting it to cool below 80. I have 2hurricane fans and one oscillating fan(think it might not be blowing full power will probably buy a new one.) I purchased one of those little portable a/c (artic air). Wait for it to arrive hopefully that will help. Can anyone else help. First grow trying not to f**k it up.

1 Like

First thing I would grab is a cooltube and take it from there.

http://www.cooltube.com/

As a temporary solution maybe a block or two of ice by the fans, but, you also have to be aware of danger with water, lights, water, electricity.

I am sure some other folks can offer more help :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately since you’re running H PS there’s no way you’re working around that you’re going to need an air conditioning … I would look for something with the lease 12,000 BTUs portable AC

You should be able to find something under $300 … Just keep in mind that if you buy an AC you’re going to need to buy a dehumidifier shortly afterwards or at the same time if you could afford it

1 Like

It might even be cheaper for you to buy an LED instead of a C in dehumidifier at the moment .but if you want to dial in your environment in the future you’re going to need an AC and dehumidifier down line no matter what type of light you’re running anyway . Especially when there’s time to harvest and dry …

3 Likes

A 9000 btu in room ac will actually cool 2500 w of hps .I have one and cools close to three lights

4 Likes

I like a Lil extra …

2 Likes

In case I need to add more equipment I don’t want to have to run out and buy another AC

1 Like

She’s dealing w a 600 w light that’s 4x extra

4 Likes

I get I will still want to get a little bit more personally . When I first started I got just a recommended stuff and I started outgrowing everything because I realize I was not gonna stop growing . Save me from buying extra equipment in the future

1 Like

A quick fix would be to cool the air coming into your grow. Put some cold water infront of your intake fan and also look at pulling the hot air ( which rises ) out faster.

3 Likes