Need help cloning

Next run let the roots get thinner and longer like hairs. I planted some like yours and they were slow to grow. Compared to ones with longer roots. Try it out and tell me what your experience was like?

4 Likes

I actually thought of that because i usually see them like what you’re talking about with long hairs when I see people use the cloner. Just got too impatient. i will let the ones in cloner that didn’t get as many go longer and see the difference. They might actually catchup with the ones in cups now if you’re right.

6 Likes

I had the same thing goin. Gave my clones 2 more days in my ez cloner with more clone x solution and the roots took off!!!

1 Like

I went straight into 5L pots.
Ts1000 at 50%
New millenium spring nutes
Coco loco with added perlite

I’ll snap another pic when I get home but they already have new growth poppin after 24 hrs in the pots

4 Likes

2 days before I transplanted

5 Likes

that’s cool. I should have left them a little longer. I have experimented on a few of these clones. Some I didn’t cut with the 45 angle they are rooting. Also 1 I didn’t cut the tips on leaves nor did I dip in water after I cut and that one is rooting also. I cloner is pretty much a cheat code lol. I literally took a clone off a plant I was just gonna toss and changed my mind put in clonex gel and it’s rooting. The clone was soft and look like it was dead but is standing and praying now.

7 Likes

Thats great. Cloners save 47-50 days of growth to a viable plant.

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 is this the length you’re talking or longer??

4 Likes

Longer here is my liking.

I like the root strands to have shoots coming off them.

6 Likes

Got you. I’ll wait then. Those others do seem like they are growing slower. The one I had in the rapid rooter already have roots popping out bottom of cup and that was within 2 days, the ones out cloner I don’t see any and it has been longer. how long do you usually clone to get em that long?

2 Likes

They going crazy right now. This kinda make me wanna try hydro because they are growing leaves as well as roots in this cloner.

6 Likes

Nice now thats perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah hydro,dwc,Ebb flow. Are my next classes. I’ve been growing since 1996. But i have been self taught and then i found this place getting more equipment for inside growing because i finally had the place for a garden. So i tried every method of sprouting/germinating seeds. Then i did tests on media. Then cloning (love cloning). Breeding. Ect… I am basically wanting to make sure i have tried everything in every stage of cultivating mj. The more you know about something the better your decision-making will be. I like to have complete knowledge about what im doing.

7 Likes

The above is the light I use for both seed starting and cloning. It is a great light for both. Short stocky growth but at the same time fast growth. I also use it’s big brother 4 footers for side lighting in my tent. To be honest I have only tried cloning one time so I am certainly no expert but my first attempt was successful, so I’m putting up some pictures for you of my little setup. The last picture will be the rock-wool cube cut open to show the rooting…I actually was going to throw the clone out anyway so don’t mourn it’s death lol. And the dissection is happening real time at the time of this post, I just hadn’t thrown the clone out and you put up your post so I thought what a better time to see how the clone did root wise. The clone in the picture is one week old since cutting and putting in the rock wool. So this will be an education for me too. I opened the dome once a day and let it get some CO2.
First up the small height dome tray with the clone inside inside my homemade box

Next up dome lid off as you can see the cutting is very healthy…

The top tray slid back there is about a gallon of water in there just until you can see it at the holes in the top tray bottom

Next is rock wool pulled apart just starting to get tiny roots at the node.

And one lonely little root at the diagonal cut on the bottom

This is the cloning jel I use.

I have no doubt that it would have continued to thrive and get a full set of roots, as healthy as it was I really was expecting more roots, so this was a learning experience for me as well.

HTH

5 Likes

Learning is the key! Keep it up.

3 Likes

Where did you get the cloner, and what brand is it? Been wanting to get one, and my next crop I am going to take cuttings for clones to save time. Appreciate any info you can provide…best!

3 Likes

Cloning takes 47-50 day’s off the time it would have taken a seedling to get to a viable plant.

4 Likes

Yes it seems you were right about the ones with long haired growing faster. So far the ones I transplanted have grown some.but the ones still in cloner are bigger. So that alone says they grow faster. Next time I will just let cloner do it’s thing for at least 2 weeks. They look ready to veg easy.

6 Likes

It’s a viagrow cloner but I got a really good deal on it I’m sure there are others that’s cheaper or maybe work better so far I’m at 100% clone rate with this one so I can’t complain. Used clonex gel/solution added a little roots trinity and super thrive and it worked like a charm. I even tried cloning a plant without cutting 40 degrees or cutting leaves and it still rooted. So I guess it’s just how patient u are.

7 Likes

Yeah your plants will be better and more vigorus. Also the second generation of clones will be more vigorus than the original plants. You’ll see. Lol.

6 Likes