Need help ! Early growth problems!

I’m growing using the Kratky hydroponics method and 2 of my cannabis plants aren’t doing so good one is droopy and darker than the others they all are in the same type of container right now . First I suspected root rot but the roots don’t appear to be doing bad they’ve looked this way for about a week now ! And the second plant has the tips pointing up . The roots on these plants are almost identical. Any suggestions to what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated !

1 Like

How much of that plant hangs in the water? The roots need oxygen also. Do you have air stones?

I see the first pic. How old is the solution in the jars? How often do you trade it out?

@Hydro is a good guy to have help you out.

2 Likes

About 60% of the roots are under the water and I was under the impression that when you do the Kratky method ( as opposed to fully submerging the roots) you wouldn’t need air stones ? Maybe they would still be useful :grimacing: the solution is only 2 days old and I planned on changing it around every 7-8 days . When you tag someone on a post does it notify them or do I have to private message him ?

4 Likes

It notifies him that he has been tagged and gives a link to the tag.
Look at your icon upper right @ihoop.

1 Like

I think @PreyBird1 does some Hydro also.
I’d also ask @MrBlue, @LoCoRocK and @Slym3r . They will know who the better hydro growers are.

Also, when you click ‘like’ (the heart), it will notify the poster of a like.

2 Likes

Hold up kratkys. You dont change the nutrients or use air pumps/stones. Kratkys is the whole crop can be grown on initial water and nutrients only. You have to have roots above the solution. These are air roots. Below are the capilary acting roots. Do not add more solution. If you do and the air roots get submerged more than they were previously you can drown the plant. Kratkys is fun a hair tricky but not really. Did you check the Ec out and hows the PH now?

3 Likes

Never heard of kratkys have ya homie…?

4 Likes

Crikeys…Kratky sounds quite killer!! That be cool to watch a journal on that. Gotta be a reason it isn’t mega popular, using NO electricity besides lights… id bet environment has to be spot on for absorption, uptake, ________<----- insert fancy word!

2 Likes

Nope, never heard of it. How big does a container have to be to last the entire 3 months to harvest?

1 Like
2 Likes

@repins12 you’ll enjoy this.

2 Likes

This is actually how my whole Hydro experiment began :rofl: :joy:

Rooots should never be fully submerged, no matter which system that you are using. There should always be a inch and a half to 2 inch airgap. You also should not be using clear containers. Just my humble opinion.
:v:t4:

3 Likes