Need help from experienced growers!

So I am a new home grower and this is my first official grow form home my plant is 12 weeks old I just transplanted it into a new three gallon fabric pot a week ago and as soon as the move was done I started to see what looked like to me as potassium deficiency and I use general hydroponic nutrients trio to help bring up the potassium in my medium but two days after feeding my plant it started to show signs of leaf shrinking and the leaves started to turn up towards the light if any one can help me try to solve this problem im having because google is no help

6 Likes

Hello @jlang0022, welcome to the forum.
Can you fill out this for us, to the best of your ability?

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Regular, feminised or autoflower:
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
pH numbers:
EC or PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:
Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

We’re especially curious about your climate conditions, pH levels, and watering habits. Seems like the plant is having a root problem. In many cases this is caused by incorrect pH-levels, let’s start there.

5 Likes

Drown them, they will dry.

Have you really given them a long, deep watering since you transplanted? It takes a surprisingly large amount of water to moisturize the soil when you introduce new medium. If you have drowned them already, then ignore me, but if not, drown them and see if that solves your issue.

Cheers

4 Likes

The seed bank I use is seedsman and the strain I’m growing is black cherry Tahoe indica dominant feminized seeds I grow indoor in a two feet by four feet the light I use is tmlapy 3000 watt full spectrum led it currently two feet above canopy my day time temps are from 71 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit and night time I stay between 70 and 75 degrees my humidity stays between 50 and 60 % each day I got two 6 inch desk fans one blowing towards the light and one blowing in the canopy I use a ac infinity 4 inch air filtration system to clean the air I use three gallon fabric pots that I water every week on Sunday with 3/4 gallon of ph water to6.5 and two tablespoons of micro one tablespoon of grow two tablespoons of bloom I haven’t had a chance to get a soil ph tester but that’s my next investment I germinated seeds on april 8 there 11weeks into life now

4 Likes

I was having similar results with some seeds I popped on April 1st, they looked healthy just short and squatty. I raised my light to about 36" and ran it at 75%, ROI 680, a few days later it took off . I’m new at this as well sorry if this doesn’t help.

3 Likes

Man, I’m sorry but for 12 weeks that plant looks very very stunted to me.
At 12 weeks, I’d expect to be well into flower.
However, I’m not as experienced as others on this forum, so they may correct me on a few points.

But a few things I think you can do to improve things:

1. You’ve got a few inches left to fill in that pot with medium. You’re gonna be restricting air flow to the plant. Fill that pot up nearly to the brim.

2. 3/4 gallon of water per week sounds like they are starving - which would explain why the plant is so small.

3. 6.5ph is pretty high. You also don’t want a constant pH, it should ideally be varying depending as different nutrients get absorbed at different levels.

4. You’re WAY overdoing it with the nutrients. Keep in mind, one tablespoon is almost 15 milliliters. Look at the charts on the bottles and you 'll see thats about 7 - 15x more than you need.

If you’re growing in Coco, I can’t recommend cocoforcannabis.com enough.
Follow the feed charts there and you’ll be able to improve things.

Its what I used for crazy success with my first grow.

4 Likes

18" - 24" @ 100%

I use the same light

2 Likes

Ooops! that was supposed to be 26", I had it at 12" and 50% after I up potted to 1 gallon, they just sat there happy but not growing. Raised it up and turned it up and they took off.

3 Likes

I have made mistakes with it too. I use the 200 in my veg room and the 680 in my flower room. Both are always at 100% and 18-24. It is a philosophy introduced to me by @ultrapuff who is also a Growers Choice user.

3 Likes

18-24 I believe are the instructions on the box, but who reads and follows instructions

3 Likes

Temp is fine, RH also, although 50 is getting low for this temperature, try to stay in the 60-65 range.

Alright, pH can be a little lower, 6.2 - 6.3. 6.5 is getting high for coco. Definitely stay below 6.5 and keep it stable, I mean, always the same pH, at least through veg because the roots are getting used to a certain pH level also.

Do you only water on sunday? You might want to decrease the volume you give at once and increase your number of waterings/week (I’d say at least 2-3 times a week) to avoid dry pockets in your medium. Roots die in dry pockets. You also want to water even, to make sure everything is moist, again to avoid those dry pockets. Especially coco is sensitive to this problem. Its also advisable to include a straight water watering in your schedule, say after 2 or 3 nutrient waterings. PH’ed of course and if you use distilled or RO-water, I like to top that up with calmag to 0.4 EC. This every 3 waterings “flush” is to prevent salt build-up around the roots and eventually nutrient lock-out.

3 Likes

Thank u guys so much for the advice yah I meant to put teaspoons not tablespoons excuse my stonerness hahah for my nutrients and the reason I’ve been only watering once a week because my fabric pots is still heavy with water most the way threw the week and I heard that cannabis like a dry wet period so I was just trying to prevent over watering

3 Likes

And I also think it mite be a root problem too because I can’t t find and deficiency’s that look like my plant ant advice and helping my roots?

3 Likes

Oh and the one tip that never gets old (on watering): Don’t follow any watering schedules by the days, just water when your plants require it. Try lifting the pots, get a hang of how they feel when they’re still good and when they need water. Or get a soil moisture meter but a small scale homegrower can definitely go without one.

I’d give your plant 2 - 3 times straight water now (again, pH’ed!!! and cal-mag if necessary) to reset and then go from there. This might help you flushing out a potential salt build-up. Try to really pay attention on how you water, maybe pour a little bit spread over the entire surface and come back later like half an hour and pour the rest so your medium can really soak up all the water evenly.

4 Likes

@nacho151 What do you reckon? Throw in ur 5 bucks!

2 Likes

Well, I’ve never grown in bags. It would help to know if he is using a soil coco mix. If it is a soil coco mix it probably has some dry spot in it. If the pH of the media he is using is around 7, he would need to bring his water/nutrient mix down to around 6 pH. I think that everyone has given him good advice base on what is known!

2 Likes

Looks like a cocomix for sure. You get dry pockets in em so easily. Especially in these fabric pots.

What water are you using @jlang0022 ?

2 Likes

And you heard that well and doing the right thing then! But I would decrease the volume a bit, so your plants will be more thirsty after say 2-3 days. Less chance of overwatering and less chance of dry pockets.

2 Likes

I just use Dechlorinated tap water as of right now and yah I use a coco perlite medium

3 Likes

Test your tapwater’s EC before adding anything to it. What does it say?
And watch out with “dechlorinating” tapwater by letting it evaporate / airstone. Tapwater usually doesn’t only contain Chlorine (Cl) but also Chloramine (NH2Cl). The last doesn’t evaporate, so you can’t get it out by letting the water sit in a bucket. Liquid fishtank dechlorinators work.

2 Likes