Need help! Weird looking clones

Popcorn

Nice :smiley: And now be honest and tell me how many times you had 0% success with the aeroponic machines due to some waterborne pathogen ? I speak from commercial point and highly suggest to not use aeroponic machines to everyone that ask me for device , not that you cant clone, but when something will get wrong you will not get even one clone . And that means a lot when you grow commercially . Thats my opinion . And the dead top is 100% humidity high issue …

1 Like

That i agree with sooo i have a back up plan. I use non circulating hydroponic method with plugs and nutirent mix i use for cloning.
I have had power failures on the machine and lost clones. And i have never lost more than 6% but when you only do 24 cuts per run in the machine and the rest in the float table. Because that float table has no power just liquid and the plugs just touch the nutrients enough to keep plugs wet. And i never do more than 75 cuts. I dont have room for that many

2 Likes

And i would agree on a comercial level that the machine might be a bad idea because when i lost power i lost all my clones. And they were the best tops of all my plants and i was super pissed. I lost 2 strains ive have for 1.5 yrs now.

1 Like

If you want to try , do only one experiment with no dome from the start , just very slight spray every second day , minimize water . You will be surprised how fast they will root , and dont panic if they start to bend ( the stem ) they will be fine , they dont need water . Try and let me know .

2 Likes

Yes, F the cloners
I went back to my old school method. I cant afford losses like that thing cost me. I do 150 to 200 at a time, every 6 weeks or so
AND COUNT ON THEM !
I learned my lesson lol
Going to trans the skygod seedlings tonight
tomorrow they get flipped

Yep, if you must lol
I think you are correct… providing the water temp is good

Not just power , how many times people including me have fucked up machine when is disconnect from electricity to inspect roots forgetting to reconnect.

And good luck cloning in summer months when temps are over 90 if you dont have chillers or special room with temperature control .

1 Like

I have done without the dom and there supposed to grow faster but the enviroment i cut them from by the time im done they wilt a lot. Also ove gotten really fast at the cut and dip and into the cubes or machine and that really helps. So i cut drop into a cup of water then i strip tje lowers and then use a scalpel and quickly get them into a running cloner and the wilt is almost gone or minimal. Also i like a dome on for bug protection. I know it sounds bad but i live in a seriously bug infested area and i have to be on my game here. Mites got me once. And thrips another time and gnats. Ive have each individually and all at once. I got bugs handled now but you never know what could happen. Next run i will try the no dome and even if the wilt.

Hahaha ive done that also lolololl hahahahha fuck thats serously NOT FUNNY BUT SOOOO DAMN FUNNY. if you’ve done this you can find the humor in it. Hahahah i really have done this :rofl: @eldindupljak

1 Like

damn in 1996 we used to take cuts and dip in rootone powder and stick into a pot with soil and a baggie over them in full sun. Crazy what we did when we were kids.

1 Like

I hate wben i come out of a dome without hardening or venting i get dried leaves on some strains.

Shouldn’t they cook like your saying because your spraying them and what causes the heat damage? So you don’t dome them for about 3 days at 60-70ish RH, you just go straight light on the clones start to finish? Do you use a tent or what type of enclosure are you using?

1 Like

UPDATE!

I think I have solved the problem!! After days of research and testing. I now have a better understanding of how that strain reacts to certain things. It’s a cross of Legend OG and requires a lot of attention and cleanliness. It was not mold, humidity, or nute burn. In fact it was caused by cross contamination, and crowding leaves. Recently I’ve been really fine tuning everything my processors do with this strain and have noticed a big difference. Now this strain is at a 93% success rate with a bunch of trays at 100%

4 Likes

Wow so the leaves touching caused this. Intersting! Wow glad you got that figured out. So the juice from the leafs was causing the burn issues :thinking: wow is all i can wow nice :ok_hand:

my clones are rooted now and need a transplant in a week. There almost over the dry and more extreme low humidity level caused without being in the humidity dome. I hate the dome on this unit because there is no vents on top. Much harder to harden off the plant with the ability to gradually lower the humidity. I like doing cuts without the dome also.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’m only doing domes for the first 24 hours then take off. Room humidity at 68%. Some strains I leave domes on for three days with a strict vent schedule. I tend to stay away from keeping domes on for a long time.

1 Like

My dome testing is coming to an end. Ive left a dome on for 1 month. I took some callus clones no roots. looked dead. from a friend. Left them in the clone 6 weeks and saved them. grew them out they were amazing. Kept the strain alive for 1.2 yrs and just lost it 2 months ago. Had a cloner failure. Didnt survive :pensive:. It was a white rhino. :pray: rip :pray: