Need ideas for excuse to tell repair guy why need so much power

The only thing is it is in a smaller space down south where it’s warm or I’d say it was for baseboard heat

1 Like

Tell him you need it for cryptocurrency mining.

4 Likes

Just wondering why it’s any of his business

With that said I would tell them if u feel the need that u plan on adding a room and a bathroom on but want to upgrade the electric first.

1 Like

Was thinking the same but I think he’s in the woods w no internet hard line

1 Like

That would work but Its a generator maintenance guy he comes at least once a yr .he’s off the grid so to speak

Sometimes plans don’t get followed through with. JS

1 Like

What about growing his own food? Would justify the lights and plumbing. Growing your own food and living off grid might go hand in hand.

4 Likes

Tell them your an Audiophile and you need dedicated lines for digital and analog. They won’t have a clue what you are talking about but it floats

5 Likes

Or you do a lot of welding, welding requires quite a bit of power.

5 Likes

Here is what i did. I told my guy a have 15 large fishtanks. I enjoy fish and each tank needs a heater for water and air for the bubbler for fish to breath and a water filter pump. Now add up 15 fish tanks. Also i like lizards and they need heat stones and heat lights. I used to breed african ciclids in my apartment and i had 2 aquatic turtles. Thats a whole lot of power.

6 Likes

He was thinking reptile tanks actually

5 Likes

Upgrading grading house… Getting new appliances and what not with fish tanks or reptile tanks… Here in California it’s all about solar power upgrades… Even the schools have solar power units

3 Likes

Orgone generator mon!!

3 Likes

If you tell them it’s medical equipment, they cannot ask what it is.
If they get nosey, tell them it’s a surplus MRI for your mother-in-law.

5 Likes

I had a “hemp farmer” friend that turned a old barn into a grow room and when he hooked it up to electricity he told the electrician that he was welding flat beds for toyota pickups.

2 Likes

I have three dedicated 30A lines for my sound system and added 2 20A lines in grow room and told for my secondary system(which is fine on regular household lines).

5 Likes

Tell them you are a welder and want to do some jobs from home! Or say you are putting a garage in and you are a mechanic and need it for a hoist. That’s what I did had them run a piggy back panel into the garage so then I have a separate panel in the garage.

3 Likes

Or don’t tell him a fuking thing…
You want the job and $$ or don’t you
Just my opinion lol

Packee

5 Likes

@gdoc doc

You must have a hell of a rig… music, I mean :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Being an electrician… there’s no need for small talk, you’re thinking too much. Just tell him what lines and amperages you need and disappear

6 Likes