Need info on good but inexpensive lights!

My first grow I used foxfarm ocean forest soil with foxfarm nutes. They have a box set to purchase. This is always a good start.

After a couple grows, I started playing with other stuff. Personal experience comes from failure. So don’t fret. You will be growing plants for a very long time.

Thanks. I can’t find that brand here in Europe. Is there a similar one here–Culture mediums | EUGardencenter - EUGardencenter

Thanks,

1 Like

This is a tough one.

@devjyarn
@silverskittle
could you provide any insight on good lines ?

Sorry didn’t mean to leave you out spade!!!

1 Like

Just breezing through that link the 2 that seem to stand out are the plagron growmix and the plagron batmix. I would actually be interested in trying that batmix if they had it in my area, have heard great things about growing in guano.

*Edit
I didn’t see that mega worm mix on my first pass. You can’t beat naturally composted soil!

2 Likes

Budswell is what I use

1 Like

It sounds like you’ve got the right attitude for giving this a shot! There will definitely be some things to learn along the way.

I’d suggest building or buying a simple hydroponics system. A small flood and drain or drip system. They can come from manufacturers with good instructions and all of the necessary parts. No guessing.

Use a recommended hydroponic fertilizer with the system and its about as simple as mixing a fancy drink once a week as you change out the reservoir.

I’d also suggest getting a controller to handle your light on/off times, humidity high/low, and temperature high/low. Having those things handled for your legs you focus your attention on the attainable goal of taking care the plant and not worrying about trying to be mother nature and constantly dealing with the humidity and temp.

3 Likes

I was looking for a living soil idea for the grow. Everything was so very vauge on the product descriptions. Lol

2 Likes