New Algorithm for Defining Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD)

Hello Growers Network!

Presenting the new standard metric for defining Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD).

I hope that you all find enjoyment through observing this presentation! PPFD is an incredibly important principle. And as such, properly defining it is of utmost importance.

Algorithm for Measuring Efficacy of Lighting Arrays.pdf (678.2 KB)

8 Likes

Nice work, @LED_Cultivation :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Looks great, Austin! :thumbsupparrot:

Hey, @memberdirectory check this out and feel free to ask @LED_Cultivation about his presentation!

~ :green_heart:Kareenabis~

2 Likes

Thanks Kareen!

2 Likes

Sweet thanks
K

3 Likes

I’m back! - With a tutorial for how to use my algorithm!

@Lighting @EquipManufacturers
Tutorial for Using my Algorithm.pdf (432.7 KB)

I urge all to run their fixtures through this algorithm, so that they can discover the Proportional Intensity of their arrays. I’d like to see some PAR Maps using my design, too. So if you want, send me a PM and I’ll shoot back a file formatted to be printed in 5’ x 5’!

As put in my closing statement of the tutorial:

One might even venture to say the importance of spectrum is inversely proportional to the degree by which light spreads from the array, throughout the canopy.

4 Likes

WOW,Great thread…an old fart like me thought we were talking about the secret power unit in the famous DeLorean on ‘Back to the Future’!!!

5 Likes

We’re talking about integrating new-age technology with age-old principles, dating back 350+ years! And using such processes to create substantial functional use-cases as a product of said integration.

Bringing peoples’ incredible work / discoveries, such as Robert Hooke’s & Issac Newton’s, to life - with advanced technology (yet simple to use) which enables us to incorporate measurements into their very important formulas!

The inverse square law was first stated in print by Robert Hooke, which can be found here: 2005HisSc..43..391G Page 391 - In 1665!

I would imagine drawing and measuring a diagonal line traversing X + Y + Z back in those days, was imperceptible. Doing such with integral calculus is likely possible, yet much more daunting than simply drawing / measuring a diagonal line with a free to use program, which runs on a brilliant machine that opens up so many doors for us all.

We are truly blessed to live within the technological revolution. I expect many revolutions to come from this era.

What a time to be alive!

4 Likes

I’m back again! - With a Furthering of the Algorithm.

@memberdirectory

Furthering the Algorithm.pdf (304.4 KB)

This short presentation provides an explanation for how this illustration was produced. We use the Proportional Intensity values generated by my algorithm, to be formatted into a new calculus equation; furthering the PPFD metric, and enabling the creation of visual representations such as what we have depicted above.

Also, we’ve nearly completed manufacturing our initial inventory with our machine-operated infrastructure, and are ticking off the final tasks on our pre-launch to-do-lists! I will share a sneak peak of a nearly finished Elite, which is the array used in the creation of this algorithm.

A lot of dedication has gone into this project. We’re excited to provide this technology for you all to enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like