New Gavita CT LED

Anyone have this light

4 Likes

Lot of heat sink on that. :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

I got a couple Gavita 1650e … thinking about trying this new Gavita Wondering if anybody has ran it yet and compared it to hps or other Gavita Led’s

2 Likes

Wish you luck bruh

2 Likes

Gotta have some serious head room to mount that baby!! For the distribution that is.

1 Like

Up to 20% power saving vs de hps? I save a lot more than that on my 630 lec lights… Something don’t add up here, are they an economy line light or something?

3 Likes

Nice lights but nothing spectacular. They use Osram Top BIN diodes in a strip configuration. You could build one using Bridgelux EB strips or Samsung strips for much less money.

Nothing new in LED lighting technology for some time now. A lot of high end manufacturers are mixing red diodes on their boards (RSPEC) but that is a spectral addition, not technology…

1 Like

Looked closer and these 1900 series use a PCB like HLG/Sammy boards.

The 1700 series uses Osram on strips.

This is Gavitas new light I guess. Wonder what diodes they use??

1 Like

That’s what Gavita claims on the specs coming from the horses mouth.I tried run in Lec’s
I prefer LEDs for my particular environment

2 Likes

Got a couple Gavita 1650s in 5 x 5 gorilla grow tents I have no problem with Headspace this light is a little bit stronger shouldn’t be that huge of a difference

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they Gavita uses similar quality Diode’sI for there new led …I like HLG’s I have one as well super bright

4 Likes

Yeah I feel you man… But i meant for a better and more equal light distribution. I’m sure those work very well. but to get good distribution like some other lights, you would have to have it hanging higher up.

1 Like

They probably still use Osram diodes. It’s Gavita so… highly doubt they use lower BIN like Epistar diodes. Interesting that they went the standard PCB route. The 1700 series totally competed with Fluence Spydr’s which to me is the best pre-built light for sale.

I like to build my own lights (Bridgelux and Chilled Logic)

3 Likes

This light is really focused on being a solution for the greenhouse grower. They made a high output, small form factor, and wider beam angle so it could be hung high above the crops on the greenhouse tresses. It’s small form factor means it won’t cast a large shadow like the Gavita 1650e or 1700e, blocking the free natural sunlight greenhouses benefit from. For those of you growing indoors and/or in grow tents, I’d still highly recommend going with the Gavita 1700e. It has beautifully even coverage with its square design.

With the Gavita Pro CT 1930e you’re going to have more of a hot spot, like you do with other single source grow lights like HPS and MH. That said, the 1930 will certainly be one of the best LED options for illuminating commercial greenhouse grow operations.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Greenhouse lights need to be small factor, IP wet rated, etc.

Do you know and/or what are your thoughts on California Light Works GH series (GH320)? I have wondered about these for some time…

2 Likes

Thanks for the very helpful information on this fixture I appreciate it .

2 Likes

Those California Lightworks GH Pro 340 lights have 3.0 umol/J, which is crazy efficient. I don’t think any other lights out there are running close to that except some of the newer HLG lights. For a commercial operation those CLW GH Pro 340 LEDs are another great option. One cool thing about them is they can be custom designed to have the driver (effectively the ballast) separated from the unit and stored in a housing that can power like 30 LEDs at a time on DC power, 480v.

This will save you big on ease for setup, cost, and just using quite a bit less of your amperage availability. These are all usually huge factors for commercial greenhouses.

4 Likes

Yeah, they seem intriguing to me. I have been wanting to do a product review on them ever since they released them a couple years ago. I have tried to get my hands on a couple for that long. I contacted them about sponsoring one of my grows but they were not interested. If I was some big name grower or ran a large operation, perhaps… They don’t even sell them unless in bulk… kinda BS.

1 Like